    extend this period. I'm willing to pay, of course. Who
    might I contact?

    Jay

    Jay Bousquet, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Jay Bousquet

    Jay Bousquet Guest

    Extending trial period - followup question

    If the answer to the first question is no, then can I get
    by purchasing the profession edition (cheapest version)
    since I qualify for upgrade price?

    Jay

    Jay Bousquet, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Jay Bousquet

    Guest Guest

    Re: Extending trial period - followup question

    Why not? It's free country.

    Guest, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Jay Bousquet

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Re: Extending trial period - followup question

    That's a purely relative statement :)

    Lorne Smith, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Jay Bousquet

    Guest Guest

    Re: Extending trial period - followup question

    Well, of course, I know that everything is free in
    America - I saw West Side Story - but MS is supra-national
    and they charge for everything! The question remains -
    can I avoid spending $550 for Visual Studio.Net
    Professional by extending my trial license or not?

    :) Jay

    Guest, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Jay Bousquet

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Extending trial period - followup question

    I have always used removable disks when setting up test labs for
    testing/playing with software applications, systems etc.

    A bit of a pain re-formatting the disk(s) and re-installing the OS
    each time, but hey with an unattended installing set up it's no big
    deal.

    Maybe an option for you in the future?

    Kline Sphere, Dec 22, 2003
  7. Jay Bousquet

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Extending trial period - followup question

    >He seemed
    >to think this was somehow morally superior to using a
    >crack or unlock code.

    ... and now spends his time working on the third checkout at the local
    Walmart store.

    >However, it's just a more convoluted
    >means of doing the same thing.

    Most app's are somewhat more sophisticated nowadays, one would hope
    anyway!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 22, 2003
  8. Jay Bousquet

    Schfooge Guest

    "Kline Sphere" <.> wrote in message
    > I have always used removable disks when setting up test labs for
    > testing/playing with software applications, systems etc.
    >
    > A bit of a pain re-formatting the disk(s) and re-installing the OS
    > each time, but hey with an unattended installing set up it's no big
    > deal.
    >
    > Maybe an option for you in the future?

    Wouldn't googling for a crack be much easier. Not that
    I'm condoning using a crack, but if you're gonna cheat the
    time limit anyway, isn't a crack easier than a reformat?

    This reminds me of a clueless college instructor I had.
    He told us that he whenever he installed time-limited
    shareware, he would write the date he installed it on
    a sticky note and stick it on his computer. Then before
    he would use the program, he would set his computer's
    calendar back to a date within it's time limit. He seemed
    to think this was somehow morally superior to using a
    crack or unlock code. However, it's just a more convoluted
    means of doing the same thing.

    Schfooge, Dec 23, 2003
  9. Jay Bousquet

    Schfooge Guest

    > >He seemed
    > >to think this was somehow morally superior to using a
    > >crack or unlock code.

    > .. and now spends his time working on the third checkout at the local
    > Walmart store.

    Nah, I doubt Wal-Mart would take him - even Wal-Mart has
    some standards.

    Schfooge, Dec 23, 2003
  10. Re: Extending trial period - followup question

    Are the timing information and usage information stored on system registry? Is it possible to find out and remove those registries to extend the software life
    Thanks
    Mat

    =?Utf-8?B?bWF0dA==?=, Dec 23, 2003
  11. Jay Bousquet

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Re: Extending trial period - followup question

    >even Wal-Mart has some standards.

    Really? lol!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 23, 2003
  12. Reinstall Windows. Reinstall the trial. That would be my first shot.

    As for question 2, Pro should get you most of what you need for the tests.
    The few items that might require Enterprise features are unlikely to fail
    you if you have a good knowledge of the subject.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 24, 2003
  13. Re: Extending trial period - followup question

    Norton Ghost also works quite well.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 24, 2003
  14. Jay Bousquet

    Hermit Dave Guest

    hell.... i normally do a clean install every few months... sometimes its
    just the necessity of changing the OS.... lol... have good couple of
    driveimage disks now...
    though i have open agreement so not too fussed but yeah install your OS and
    the apps... ghost or drive image it... and you are done... just keep
    restoring it from disk...

    HD

    message news:%...

    Hermit Dave, Dec 25, 2003