    I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
    abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
    create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

    dino, Nov 21, 2007

  2. dino

    Doug G Guest

    dino wrote:
    > I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
    > abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
    > create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

    My often used bookmarks are in folders on the Bookmarks Toolbar. The
    rest I get to on the Bookmarks menu.

    Doug G, Nov 21, 2007

  3. dino

    dino Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > dino wrote:
    >> I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
    >> abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
    >> create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

    > My often used bookmarks are in folders on the Bookmarks Toolbar. The
    > rest I get to on the Bookmarks menu.

    Already do that and I'm still running out of space :)

    dino, Nov 21, 2007
  4. dino

    Doug G Guest

    dino wrote:
    > Doug G wrote:
    >> dino wrote:
    >>> I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
    >>> abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
    >>> create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

    >> My often used bookmarks are in folders on the Bookmarks Toolbar. The
    >> rest I get to on the Bookmarks menu.

    > Already do that and I'm still running out of space :)

    Most of the folders on my Bookmarks Toolbar have subfolders and some the
    subfolders have subfolders.

    Doug G, Nov 21, 2007
  5. dino wrote:
    > I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
    > abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
    > create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

    you can make the one you have bigger, by putting the
    following script in your userChrome.css file, or place the
    attached file in your Chrome directory of the FF profile.
    NOTE: I don't know if the attachment will make it here or not]:

    /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    #bookmarks-ptf {display:block !important; }
    #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator {display:inline !important; }
    #bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item { visibility: visible !important;}
    #overflow-padder { width: auto !important; } /* this
    controls the length of the bookmarks */
    #bookmarks-chevron { display: none !important; }

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 21, 2007
  6. dino

    dino Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > dino wrote:
    >> I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
    >> abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
    >> create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

    > you can make the one you have bigger, by putting the following script in
    > your userChrome.css file, or place the attached file in your Chrome
    > directory of the FF profile. NOTE: I don't know if the attachment will
    > make it here or not]:
    >
    > /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    > #bookmarks-ptf {display:block !important; }
    > #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator {display:inline !important; }
    > #bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item { visibility: visible !important;}
    > #overflow-padder { width: auto !important; } /* this controls the length
    > of the bookmarks */
    > #bookmarks-chevron { display: none !important; }

    That worked a treat....thanks for that :)

    Worth pointing out that I had to retart FF for it to take effect.

    dino, Nov 21, 2007
  7. dino wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> dino wrote:
    >>> I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
    >>> abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
    >>> create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

    >> you can make the one you have bigger, by putting the following script in
    >> your userChrome.css file, or place the attached file in your Chrome
    >> directory of the FF profile. NOTE: I don't know if the attachment will
    >> make it here or not]:
    >>
    >> /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
    >> #bookmarks-ptf {display:block !important; }
    >> #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator {display:inline !important; }
    >> #bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item { visibility: visible !important;}
    >> #overflow-padder { width: auto !important; } /* this controls the length
    >> of the bookmarks */
    >> #bookmarks-chevron { display: none !important; }
    >>

    > That worked a treat....thanks for that :)
    >
    > Worth pointing out that I had to retart FF for it to take effect.

    any changes you make to FF, you must restart FF.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 21, 2007