    However, I could be missing some other models of WIC or NM cards. So is
    there anyway the cisco 2612 be extended to support more FastE/E ports?
    Thanks.

    Guan Foo Wah, Aug 14, 2005

  2. Hi,

    I think the NM-1E will fit/work on the 2612. This is a 10Mb ethernet network
    module. I don't think there are any fast-ethernet modules available for the
    2612. Reason for this is that I think the 2612 won't be able to handle much
    more than a throughput of 10Mbps.

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Aug 14, 2005

  3. "Guan Foo Wah" <> writes:
    >I have been checking on cisco website and everywhere on extending my Cisco
    >2612 with additional FastEthernet/Ethernet port. It seems that WIC-1ENET and
    >other variants doesn't support 2612 but many other models like 1700.

    Right, there is no Ethernet WIC that will work in the 2600. The
    WIC-1ENET is for 17xx only. There's some new HWIC ethernet modules
    only for the 1800/2800/3800 models.

    >However, I could be missing some other models of WIC or NM cards. So is
    >there anyway the cisco 2612 be extended to support more FastE/E ports?

    Well, you don't have a FastE now, just a single 10. There's two
    solutions. The NM-1E to get you one 10-Base-T port. Or the NM-16ESW to
    get you a 10/100 port with a 16-port Switch attached.

    If you don't need the token ring port on your router now, it may be
    easier/quicker/cheaper to just buy a new 2801/2811 that will come with
    dual FastE's if that is what you want.

    Doug McIntyre, Aug 14, 2005