    farm that will take it to another wireless network area???

    Many thanks

    Stuart

    Stuart Turrell, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Stuart Turrell

    Orph Guest

    Sorry I don't have an answer for you, only Questions, hopefully someone
    will help us both.
    I want to set up a setup the same as you do, a wireless network in my home,
    transmitting to another wireless network 200 metres away, what hardware
    does this require, and I am particularly interested in the mention of
    external aerials

    Please help the both of us, I for one would be very grateful

    Orph, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Stuart Turrell

    Orph Guest

    Me again
    been looking around, is this what we could do with perhaps?
    http://www.cantenna.com/howtouseit.html

    Orph, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Hi guys, did you buy the Dlink 624 yet?

    If yes, then you can extend the signal thru an extender DWL-G800AP and from
    there, the signal from your house will be amplified back to your farm.

    You might wanna consider buying a yaggi antenna or simply an external
    omnidirectional antenna.

    =?Utf-8?B?R2NvcnB1eg==?=, Nov 30, 2004
  5. Stuart Turrell

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    I think that the Access Point can be configured as a stand alone client so
    it can be plugged into a switch in the second location and be bridged to
    with the Wireless Router. You should try it first in the same room.

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html

    If it works the issue is set it for 200 meters.

    No guarantee but with two Cantennae set with a free line of site it might
    work.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Nov 30, 2004
  6. Stuart Turrell

    Orph Guest

    I am really pretty green on this subject, I need to know what hardware is
    required, I know I need a wireless router on the home network, but what do
    I need at the remote end, to give me a network there too, can it be as
    simple as using two wireless routers?
    Again, my thanks for any help, make it as simple as possible please

    Orph, Nov 30, 2004
  7. Stuart Turrell

    Orph Guest

    Many thanks for that Jack, those links you included are very useful, told
    me a lot more than I already knew, I will study them, then start buying,
    and setting up the network, it was the "Bridge" that I never knew existed
    Once again, many thanks

    Orph, Nov 30, 2004