extended 64 and asp.net

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by kevin goff, Sep 13, 2005.

  1. kevin goff

    kevin goff Guest

    I'm trying to setup asp.net on an x64 system and am having problems with
    getting asp.net to access the oracle driver.

    Here is what I'm seeing:
    asp.net 1.1 (32bit) with Enable32bitAppOnWin64 = 1 --> everything works
    fine.
    asp.net 2.0 32bit Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1 --> everything works fine.
    asp.net 2.0 64bit Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0 --> asp.net throws an error
    stating that the oracle client driver oraops9.dll cannot be loaded.

    My application was build with visual studio 2003.

    Any ideas on how to get this to work? The only thing I've considered is
    trying to build this app with VS2005 compiled for 64bit. I wont be able to
    do that anytime soon because the app needs to be rewritten to be buildable
    in VS2005.

    TIA,
    Kevin
    kevin goff, Sep 13, 2005

  2. I suppose you will need a 64-bit ODP.NET provider

    Alex Feinman [MVP], Sep 14, 2005