    Do i have the option "extendable" because of 2 static nat policies with the same global address (10.10.10.10) ?

    Thank You!

    , Jun 25, 2013

  2. wrote:

    > Hallo, i can not understand, what meanthe option "extendable" in the
    > config:
    >
    > ip nat inside source static tcp 172.16.10.10 5101 10.10.10.10 5101
    > extendable ip nat inside source static tcp 172.16.10.20 5102 10.10.10.10
    > 5102 extendable

    If you look at the "show ip nat translations" command you'll see the
    output is a table with a bunch of fields per translation.

    An extended translation is one where all the columns are filled in so
    we have enough information to tell which translation a particular packet
    matches.

    Not all entries are extended so it's possible that one entry can match
    several different connections if you will.

    That's my understanding. Extendable is just a way to tell NAT to
    remember as much as possible about a translation.

    Martin Gallagher, Jun 26, 2013

  3. Guest

    Am Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013 10:40:41 UTC+2 schrieb Martin Gallagher:
    > wrote:
    >

    > > Hallo, i can not understand, what meanthe option "extendable" in the

    > > config:

    > > ip nat inside source static tcp 172.16.10.10 5101 10.10.10.10 5101

    > > extendable ip nat inside source static tcp 172.16.10.20 5102 10.10.10.10

    > > 5102 extendable

    > If you look at the "show ip nat translations" command you'll see the
    >
    > output is a table with a bunch of fields per translation.
    >

    > An extended translation is one where all the columns are filled in so
    >
    > we have enough information to tell which translation a particular packet
    >
    > matches.
    >

    > Not all entries are extended so it's possible that one entry can match
    >
    > several different connections if you will.
    >

    > That's my understanding. Extendable is just a way to tell NAT to
    >
    > remember as much as possible about a translation.

    Thank You!

    , Jun 26, 2013