    Is it possible to use more than one antenna on each bridge, the reason I ask is that we currently use omni antenna because we have a number of widely angled users off each bridge and it might be possible to angle two Yagi antenna to get the right coverage.

    On a similar theme I note that the antenna on the 350's can be configured for transmit L/R Receive L/R or Diversity, could we use two Omni antenna using one L and one R to get better through put and/or use two Yagi in Diversity mode.

    All thoughts would be welcome.
    macgd016, Sep 8, 2010

  2. macgd016

    nicholette

    Joined:
    May 24, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Cisco 350 Bridge Kerfuffles

    Hmmm well you mean you want to increase the ERP (Effective Radiated Power is a function of a many things like - Transmitter Power, Length of Cable, Quality of Cable, Gain of Antenna). So the best possible set-up would be running the 350 bridges at the max 100mW into 10cm of very low loss cable feeding a high gain dish antenna.

    Haaaaa well don't ask why but I have been playing with my old cisco bridges for years now and taking one step at a time it is possible to 'flash' the units with the USA firmware.

    Getting hold of it is something I have been trying to do for donkeys ages now, maybe I am not looking in the right places - I don't know.

    Remember though as with any 'flash' attempt it can go horrible wrong and leave you with a useless box which once performed quite well although now is just an interesting paperweight or doorstop.

    Now this should also be possible - If you have one 100mW bridge then download the firmware or software - dhooo whatever to another bridge. I think the insides are all the same. You really have to read a lot to find this out and i have not spent long enough doing that - maybe a Cisco engineer with a burning need to help 'end of life' equipment users would like to help?

    If you do find a way to get that 100mW output then do let me know then I can put to rest something that has niggled me for a very long time.

    (frustrated Cisco 350 50mW Bridge user)
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
    nicholette, Mar 30, 2011