    Problem is its a P4 moBo not to easy to replace...

    Funny thing is the 4 Sec shutdown still works and so does every thing else Fans Voltages etc but
    keyboard and screen are dead..

    Mathew Good, Mar 3, 2007

  2. Mathew Good wrote:

    > Yes my Friends Sun plugged in the his New Ext Hard Drive and Bang goes his Fathers PC, this Ext HD
    > has been used on 5 other PC's with no problem, but I have noticed some static voltage leakage
    > from the HD power supply, and some slight shocks, but that should be discharged when it plugged
    > into the PC as the earth and power pins are longer and make first..
    >
    > Problem is its a P4 moBo not to easy to replace...
    >
    > Funny thing is the 4 Sec shutdown still works and so does every thing else Fans Voltages etc but
    > keyboard and screen are dead..

    Ah yes know the issue well, check the USB port he used, it may have become
    damaged which produces symptons like you describe.

    Collector»NZ, Mar 3, 2007

  3. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 10:55:59 +1300, Collector»NZ <> wrote:

    >Mathew Good wrote:
    >>

    >> Yes my Friends Sun plugged in the his New Ext Hard Drive and Bang goes his Fathers PC, this Ext HD
    >> has been used on 5 other PC's with no problem, but I have noticed some static voltage leakage
    >> from the HD power supply, and some slight shocks, but that should be discharged when it plugged
    >> into the PC as the earth and power pins are longer and make first..
    >>
    >> Problem is its a P4 moBo not to easy to replace...
    >>
    >> Funny thing is the 4 Sec shutdown still works and so does every thing else Fans Voltages etc but
    >> keyboard and screen are dead..
    >>

    >Ah yes know the issue well, check the USB port he used, it may have become
    >damaged which produces symptons like you describe.

    Problem is PC is Totally dead..

    Mathew Good, Mar 4, 2007
  4. "Mathew Good" <> wrote in message

    > Yes my Friends Sun plugged in the his New Ext Hard Drive and Bang goes
    > his Fathers PC, this Ext HD
    > has been used on 5 other PC's with no problem, but I have noticed some
    > static voltage leakage
    > from the HD power supply, and some slight shocks, but that should be
    > discharged when it plugged
    > into the PC as the earth and power pins are longer and make first..
    >
    > Problem is its a P4 moBo not to easy to replace...
    >
    > Funny thing is the 4 Sec shutdown still works and so does every thing else
    > Fans Voltages etc but
    > keyboard and screen are dead..

    Was it using the onboard firewire or usb connector, or a backplate / front
    firewire or usb connector?
    If it wasn't a "native" built in port (part of the I/O shield sockets)
    there's a strong charge it was miswired and fed the voltage line back
    through the signal line frying the Southbridge chip.

    J&H.

    Jekyll and Hyde, Mar 5, 2007