    welcome.
    Thanks in advance.
    SK.

    SK, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Re: Expiring MCP exams

    I would suggest passing the old VB6 exams, earning your MCSD(VS6) and then
    pass the new .NET exams to earn the MCSD.NET.

    This makes you appear more valuable in the developer community because it
    proves you understand the classic COM platform as well as the new .NET
    platform. Interop programming will be here for awhile.

    It also shows that you are an experienced seasoned developer that has grown
    with Microsoft.

    Get Transcenders (http://www.transcender.com) for the VB6 exams. They are
    cheaper than ever now and they will focus your studying on what is on these
    archaic exams.

    These are just my opinions.

    Good luck to you,
    Davin Mickelson

    Davin Mickelson, Jul 28, 2003

  3. "...can someone lemme know if it is worth taking the exams at this point
    ...."

    Hi SK,

    Worth depends on the particular value the exam process would have to you
    personally. Do you want to round out your skills? Get a raise or a
    promotion? Get a different job? Let your boss or clients know that you have
    attained a certain skill level? Compare your skills to other developers?
    What is the job marked like in your area or an area you may relocate to?

    , www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Jul 28, 2003