    this occur?

    Amy.

    , Feb 1, 2005

  2. Guest

    FYI - this is an IOS bug seen in 12.1.14 and higher. Workaround is to
    disable express setup.

    Amy.

    wrote:
    > Has anyone ran across the following EXPRESS_SETUP-6-CONFIG_IS_RESET.
    > It seems we have a switch (Catalyst 3550-48) which every once in a
    > while will log the following to the syslog server and reload. Of
    > course it comes up with a blank config. Other than assuming this is

    > bad switch - is there a way someone could log into the switch and

    make
    > this occur?
    >
    > Amy.

    , Feb 4, 2005

  3. Hi,

    "Express setup" kicks in when you press and hold the mode button for at
    least 10 seconds.
    Be sure the mode button is not "accidently" pushed (by cables, patch-cabinet
    doors, cleaners, ...). You'll be safer by completely disabling "express
    setup" (if you don't "need" it)!

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Feb 6, 2005