    to all information as always.

    --
    Don From Down Under
    Don, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Don

    dylan Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    news:C0jLe.82648$...
    > Folks
    >
    > I understand F stops and their use etc. Can somebody give me an idiots
    > guide to exposure value. I can extract this figure using my light meter
    > but am not sure what and how its best used for still photography. Look
    > forward to all information as always.
    >
    > --
    > Don From Down Under

    to get you started...

    http://www.chem.helsinki.fi/~toomas/photo/ev.html
    http://www.digicamhelp.com/what-is-exposure-compensation/exposure-value-settings.htm
    http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glossary/Exposure/Exposure_01.htm
    http://www.jackspcs.com/evzones.htm
    dylan, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Don

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Don wrote:
    > Folks
    >
    > I understand F stops and their use etc. Can somebody give me an idiots
    > guide to exposure value. I can extract this figure using my light meter but
    > am not sure what and how its best used for still photography. Look forward
    > to all information as always.

    Essentially, EV is related to the amount of energy striking the focal
    plane. The meter reads EV, and you have a choice of shutter speeds and
    apertures that give you that exposure. The exposure is proportional to
    T/(f/#)squared- T divided by the square of the f/#. That is a bit hard
    to figure in your head, so there are circular "slide rules" that do the
    computation for you, showing which combinations of shutter speed and
    aperture expose properly for the EV for a given film speed. Many light
    meters used to have such "slide rules" built onto the meter.
    Don Stauffer, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Don

    Don Guest

    Thanks all