    with my Nikon D1 by a stop or two with the editing software to get a decent
    look to the end result. I realize that is the luxury of digital editing (
    being able to edit the pictue to your liking ) but is my camera meter off?.

    -------- ---------- ----------, Sep 8, 2003

  2. "-------- ---------- ----------" <> wrote in
    message news:I3P6b.4862$...
    > It seems as though I have to always manually over expose my pictures

    taken
    > with my Nikon D1 by a stop or two with the editing software to get a

    decent
    > look to the end result. I realize that is the luxury of digital editing (
    > being able to edit the pictue to your liking ) but is my camera meter

    off?.

    I suppose you mean the print as the end result. You have to match your
    screen's and printer's properties. There are various ways to do this. Try
    the one at http://campratty.com/1faq/faqpages/b9a.html. It is written for
    users of Paint Shop Pro to edit photos, but you can adapt it to other
    programs. Or you can use Paint Shop Pro. The trial download is at
    www.jasc.com.

    Marvin Margoshes, Sep 8, 2003