    Also what would my F stop be here?
    Are there any drawback to use exposure compensation. ( ie noise etc.).

    EEO
    Eyron, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Eyron

    Dave Guest

    If I understand you correctly, you say that you are fixing the F stop but
    that you have already fixed the shutter speed, and now you want to change
    the F stop to affect the depth of field. You would have to raise (higher
    number) the F stop to increase the depth of field, and visa versa. But
    since you have fixed the shutter speed, the exposure will not longer be
    correct. I believe this is a digital camera? If this camera gives you a
    RAW file output, then I think you can push or pull the picture +/- two stops
    (at least I can with my Canon). If you want to do more than that, I'm not
    sure. Also, if your camera does NOT give you a RAW file, then what you
    propose may not or will not work.

    "Eyron" <> wrote in message
    > The camera is in manual mode and is a Fuji S2 Pro.
    > If I have a set shutter speed (ie sync at 1/125 sec) and the correct
    > aperature reads say F9 .
    > I need the shutter speed to be 1/125 sec.
    > But I need a lower F stop to limit depth of field.
    > Will minus 3 stops of exposure control alow this and give me a 3 stop

    larger

    Dave, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Eyron

    Gordon Moat Guest

    Eyron wrote:

    > The camera is in manual mode and is a Fuji S2 Pro.
    > If I have a set shutter speed (ie sync at 1/125 sec) and the correct
    > aperature reads say F9 .
    > I need the shutter speed to be 1/125 sec.
    > But I need a lower F stop to limit depth of field.
    > Will minus 3 stops of exposure control alow this and give me a 3 stop larger
    > aperature?

    Wrong way to do this, since your exposure will be way off.

    > Also what would my F stop be here?
    > Are there any drawback to use exposure compensation. ( ie noise etc.).

    Improper exposure. You would be better off setting the ISO speed three stops
    different to force a larger aperture (smaller number). Your other option, if
    you cannot alter the ISO setting that far, would be to place a three stop ND
    filter over the front of the lens. The ND filter can get you exactly where you
    want to be, without changing the ISO setting. Those with film cameras reading
    this post can also do the same thing, and is one of the best reasons to own an
    ND filter.

    Ciao!

    Gordon Moat
    Alliance Graphique Studio
    <http://www.allgstudio.com>
    Gordon Moat, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Eyron

    Don Guest

    Try a ND filter, about 1.0. That will force the aperture to a larger
    setting at the specified shutter duration.

    Don

    --
    Experience is what lets you recognize
    a mistake when you make it again.

    Don, Aug 3, 2003
  5. "Eyron" <> wrote in message
    > The camera is in manual mode and is a Fuji S2 Pro.
    > If I have a set shutter speed (ie sync at 1/125 sec) and the correct
    > aperature reads say F9 .
    > I need the shutter speed to be 1/125 sec.
    > But I need a lower F stop to limit depth of field.
    > Will minus 3 stops of exposure control alow this and give me a 3 stop

    larger
    > aperature?
    > Also what would my F stop be here?
    > Are there any drawback to use exposure compensation. ( ie noise etc.).

    Why has this been posted twice in the same group?

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 3, 2003
  6. Eyron

    Danny Guest

    "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message

    > (snip)
    >
    > Why has this been posted twice in the same group?
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier

    Uh.. he's trying to get more "exposure" for his question? ;-)

    Danny
    Danny, Aug 4, 2003
  7. Eyron

    Eyron Guest

    Scattershot

    I asked mult. groups.
    I dont give a rats ass if you like it or not.
    The exposure compensation does not work to achieve a larger aperature.
    I tried it.

    I thanks anyone who read my question and tried to answer.
    One guy Gordon really read my question.
    It was clear.

    EEO

    Eyron, Aug 5, 2003
  8. Eyron

    Tesselator Guest

    I totally agree Eyron! People like Gary Eickmeier
    have nothing whatsoever to contribute so they spend
    thier time poliecing the newsgroups. As if... But
    you can at least tell this one was a butthead from
    his name. There's a few others out there like Tony
    Spandero, and Mark M. etc. doing the same sh*t. I
    guess some peoples' lives are /just/ that dull.

    Anyway Eyron, don't worry about it. Crossposts if
    relevant are acceptable and don't cause anyone any
    harm.

    Tesselator, Aug 5, 2003