    I've exported my bookmakrs... but can i do the rest??

    cheers,

    /mark

    Mark, Aug 15, 2006

  2. Mark

    gwtc Guest

    Mark wrote:
    > Folks,
    >
    > I'm about to get a new PC... and i'd love to be able to export all the saved
    > passwords etc that are no doubt gonna cause me headaches over the next few
    > weeks.
    >
    > I've exported my bookmakrs... but can i do the rest??
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > /mark

    all your settings, prefs, bookmarks, passwords, etc, are stored in an
    area called the FF Profile. Just back this up and copy it over to the
    new computer. When you install FF, it will ask you about creating a
    new profile. Don't. Instead, point it to the location of the backed
    up profile.

    To locate the FF profile you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    --
    EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

    You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

    A Web Page is Female, because it's always getting hit on.

    gwtc, Aug 15, 2006