    Is there a way to export those passwords saved to a file?
    If not, where are they located?
    thanks

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 2, 2006

  2. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > I'm using mozilla and have it setup to autosave passwords for certain
    > accounts/pages.
    > Is there a way to export those passwords saved to a file?
    > If not, where are they located?
    > thanks

    which Mozilla program are you using: Mozilla Suite, Mozilla
    Thunderbird, Mozilla Firefox, or Mozilla something else?

    --
    Interesting Modern Philosophies: The colder the X-ray table, the more
    of your body is required on it.

    gwtc, Jun 2, 2006

  3. On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:39:54 -0700, gwtc <37>
    wrote:

    >Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >
    >> I'm using mozilla and have it setup to autosave passwords for certain
    >> accounts/pages.
    >> Is there a way to export those passwords saved to a file?
    >> If not, where are they located?
    >> thanks
    >>

    >which Mozilla program are you using: Mozilla Suite, Mozilla
    >Thunderbird, Mozilla Firefox, or Mozilla something else?

    Mozilla Suite I think, version 1.7.12

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 2, 2006
  4. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:39:54 -0700, gwtc <37>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm using mozilla and have it setup to autosave passwords for certain
    >>>accounts/pages.
    >>>Is there a way to export those passwords saved to a file?
    >>>If not, where are they located?
    >>>thanks
    >>>

    >>which Mozilla program are you using: Mozilla Suite, Mozilla
    >>Thunderbird, Mozilla Firefox, or Mozilla something else?

    > Mozilla Suite I think, version 1.7.12

    All your settings, prefs, bookmarks, mail, passwords, etc are stored
    in an area called your profile. When you uninstall the program, your
    profile is not touched.

    Your passwords are stored in a file that contains 8 digits and ends in
    an "s" such as 12345678.s. You need that file and the key3.db file.
    They go hand in hand.

    To locate your profile, you can read this:
    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#locations

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    gwtc, Jun 2, 2006
  5. On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:08:05 -0700, gwtc <37>
    wrote:

    >All your settings, prefs, bookmarks, mail, passwords, etc are stored
    >in an area called your profile. When you uninstall the program, your
    >profile is not touched.
    >
    >Your passwords are stored in a file that contains 8 digits and ends in
    >an "s" such as 12345678.s. You need that file and the key3.db file.
    >They go hand in hand.
    >
    >To locate your profile, you can read this:
    >http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#locations
    >
    >but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx
    >
    >--

    Well the *.s and *.db files are a bunch of garbage, the passwords are
    encrypted so it does no good to open and view these files, which I was
    able to do.

    Mozilla needs a way to export username/passwords into a text file in
    the future, seamonkey..

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 3, 2006
  6. Pedro Sanchez

    gwtc Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:08:05 -0700, gwtc <37>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>All your settings, prefs, bookmarks, mail, passwords, etc are stored
    >>in an area called your profile. When you uninstall the program, your
    >>profile is not touched.
    >>
    >>Your passwords are stored in a file that contains 8 digits and ends in
    >>an "s" such as 12345678.s. You need that file and the key3.db file.
    >>They go hand in hand.
    >>
    >>To locate your profile, you can read this:
    >>http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#locations
    >>
    >>but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx
    >>
    >>--

    > Well the *.s and *.db files are a bunch of garbage, the passwords are
    > encrypted so it does no good to open and view these files, which I was
    > able to do.
    >

    > Mozilla needs a way to export username/passwords into a text file in
    > the future, seamonkey..

    excuse me but your question was you wanted to: "export those passwords
    saved to a file." And I told you. You want the *.s file and the
    key3.db file. You said nothing about opening and editing these things.

    Maybe you need to be a little more specific on what it is you're asking.

    --
    Interesting Modern Philosophies: Never put both feet in your mouth at
    the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

    gwtc, Jun 3, 2006