    out laboriously and retype it.

    Is there any way I can export the rule?

    Many thanks.
    Henry S C, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Henry S C

    Henry S C Guest

    > > As the subject line suggests, I want to be able to export an
    > > extremely complicated anti-spam message rule which I've created on
    > > my machine to a colleagues OE6 installation, and neither of us
    > > have the energy to copy it out laboriously and retype it.
    > >
    > > Is there any way I can export the rule?
    > >
    > > Many thanks.
    > >

    > http://snurl.com/1nky

    Thanks, Max. The link you kindly provided goes to a method for OE5, and I'm
    assuming that it's the same process for OE6...?
    Henry S C, Jun 25, 2003

  3. On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:48:59 GMT, "Henry S C"
    <> proffered, in :

    >>> As the subject line suggests, I want to be able to export an
    >>> extremely complicated anti-spam message rule which I've created
    >>> on my machine to a colleagues OE6 installation, and neither of
    >>> us have the energy to copy it out laboriously and retype it.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way I can export the rule?
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks.
    >>>

    >> http://snurl.com/1nky

    > Thanks, Max. The link you kindly provided goes to a method for
    > OE5, and I'm assuming that it's the same process for OE6...?

    It should work fine, although you'll have to substitute 6.0 where the
    page uses 5.0. Also, before doing anything in the registry BACK IT UP

    --
    OE – Orrible Excuse for a newsreader
    Max Quordlepleen, Jun 25, 2003
  4. i saved this from an earlier post...it shud work under normal conditions :)
    Saving Outlook Express rules is possible, albeit somewhat complicated to do
    as it requires Registry manipulation. Please don't attempt this without
    first having backed up your Registry files. Start up the Registry Editor by
    clicking on

    Start · Run and typing regedit into the dialogue that pops up and click OK.
    Then, find this Registry key and select it by clicking on it:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\[Long Identity
    Number]\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Rules\Mail

    Go to the Registry menu and pick the Export Registry File. Then select a
    suitable location and give it a name that ends in .reg. Make sure the
    Selected Branch shown corresponds with the Mail rules key. Click Save and
    close Regedit when you're done.

    Restoring the mail rules is also possible. If you're restoring to a
    different computer or a new operating system installation, you need to
    complete the Internet Connection Set-Up Wizard. Then edit the identity
    string in the .reg file you saved to match what you see in the Registry,
    before double-clicking the file to load the information into the Registry.
    If you have more than one Identity, repeat for each.

    --
    Diabolic Preacher
    As Is
    Diabolic Preacher, Jun 25, 2003