Exporting from Avid Newscutter for DVD production. (PLEASE HELP!)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Richard Stewart, Jan 21, 2008.

  1. Exporting from Avid Newscutter for DVD production. (PLEASE HELP!)

    I'm using Avid Newscutter for producing short films at work for internet
    video ( www.scotlandontv.tv ), and occasionally I need to produce a DVD.

    I have got DVD Lab, which I also use at home with FCP.
    Using Compressor, (an exporting tool added onto FCP), I export films direct
    to AC3 and M2V format, which works perfectly with DVD Lab.

    However on the Avid News cutter, I can't export as M2V and AC3.

    What would be the best way to do it?

    My *workaround* is to export to a high quality format, (say AVI,
    Uncompressed with 48K Sound), and use SUPER to convert it into a VOB file,
    which will then import directly into DVDLab...

    As it's at work, I can't change Avid for FCP, and I've just persuaded my
    boss to invest in £100 for DVD Lab, so I can't use another authoring
    package...

    Please email any suggestions as to a quicker way TO ME AT:

    Thanks!
    Richard Stewart, Jan 21, 2008