    Is it possible to just export a single folder or should I just forget
    about it?

    I use Mozilla 1.7.12, my husband use IE.
    Charani, Jul 16, 2006

  2. Charani

    gwtc Guest

    Charani wrote:
    > I want to export one folder from my Bookmarks into a folder on my
    > husband's PC's favourites. As far as I can see I can only export the
    > entire list of bookmarks which may overwrite all his own Favorites.
    > Is it possible to just export a single folder or should I just forget
    > about it?
    >
    > I use Mozilla 1.7.12, my husband use IE.

    they won't get over written, just added to.

    Luckily, you're using Mozilla Suite, and you can do something fancy
    with it. First, from the bookmark manager export the bookmarks.html
    file [Tools, Export]. Now, Open that file, Tools, Open Bookmarks
    File, and open it. Remove all the entries you don't want. Now,
    reopen you main bookmark file.

    From IE, click on File, Import, and import that edited bookmarks file.

    --
    So, You Think You Know Everything?

    Did you know that "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the
    letters "mt".
    gwtc, Jul 16, 2006

  3. Charani

    gwtc Guest

    Charani wrote:
    > I want to export one folder from my Bookmarks into a folder on my
    > husband's PC's favourites. As far as I can see I can only export the
    > entire list of bookmarks which may overwrite all his own Favorites.
    > Is it possible to just export a single folder or should I just forget
    > about it?
    >
    > I use Mozilla 1.7.12, my husband use IE.

    they won't get over written, just added to.

    Luckily, you're using Mozilla Suite, and you can do something fancy
    with it. First, from the bookmark manager export the bookmarks.html
    file [Tools, Export]. Now, Open that file, Tools, Open Bookmarks
    File, and open it. Remove all the entries you don't want. Now,
    reopen you main bookmark file.

    From IE, click on File, Import, and import that edited bookmarks file.

    gwtc, Jul 16, 2006
  4. Charani

    Charani Guest

    On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:30:06 -0700, gwtc wrote:

    > they won't get over written, just added to.
    >
    > Luckily, you're using Mozilla Suite, and you can do something fancy
    > with it. First, from the bookmark manager export the bookmarks.html
    > file [Tools, Export]. Now, Open that file, Tools, Open Bookmarks
    > File, and open it. Remove all the entries you don't want. Now,
    > reopen you main bookmark file.
    >
    > From IE, click on File, Import, and import that edited bookmarks file.

    Many thanks :))
    Charani, Jul 17, 2006