    How best to do this?

    Regards,

    Dan

    Dan, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Dan

    Doug G Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > FF 1.0.3.
    >
    > I want to export bookmarks from a windows 98 to
    > a Windows xp one with same FF version.
    >
    > I do not see a way to export, but do see a
    > import choice.
    >
    > How best to do this?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dan

    Doesn't FF 1.0.3's Bookmarks Manager have export and import on its File
    menu?

    You can copy the bookmarks.html file from the Firefox profile folder on
    the W98 machine to the Firefox profile folder on the XP machine.

    Doug G, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Dan wrote:
    >
    >> FF 1.0.3.
    >>
    >> I want to export bookmarks from a windows 98 to a Windows xp one with
    >> same FF version.
    >>
    >> I do not see a way to export, but do see a import choice.
    >>
    >> How best to do this?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Dan

    > Doesn't FF 1.0.3's Bookmarks Manager have export and import on its File
    > menu?

    I had missed it!

    > You can copy the bookmarks.html file from the Firefox profile folder on
    > the W98 machine to the Firefox profile folder on the XP machine.

    Well I had looked at that. Windows 98 has that
    under windows\application data\FF\profiles. I
    just got XP Pro, so am really unfamilar with its
    structure, but I could not find the same path.
    So I assume FF sets itself up somewhat
    differently, at least enough different to
    confuse me. So, bottom line, I haven't
    positioned it correctly.

    Dan

    Dan, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Dan

    Ralph Fox Guest

    See http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    > So I assume FF sets itself up somewhat
    > differently, at least enough different to
    > confuse me.

    Different versions of MS-Windows set themselves up somewhat differently,
    i.e. they locate the standard MS-Windows "Application Data" folder in
    different places.

    Once you find where your version of MS-Windows has put its
    "Application Data" folder, you find Firefox's profile
    in "Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\????????.default".

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton