    script.

    Thanks,
    Stan Cooper

    Stan Cooper, Jun 5, 2007

  2. "Stan Cooper" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there a way in Windows XP SP2 to export the WZC wireless profiles? We
    > have about 20 access points secured with WEP passwords and it would be
    > helpful to setup all of the profiles on one machine and be able to export
    > them and then import them into another machine either manually or by login
    > script.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Stan Cooper

    With Windows Connect Now (WCN) you can save off the wireless configuration
    to a flash drive and use that. You could probably also put the created files
    and folders on a shared drive for access by all users. I have never tried
    that though.

    XP...

    Vista...

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0406.mspx

    With Vista you can also do this via group policies...

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2007/04/CableGuy/default.aspx

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 5, 2007

  3. Stan Cooper

    Ohad Hawk Guest

    RE: Export Profiles in WZC - a solution

    Hi Stan,

    I was facing the same issue and found a solution.
    There is a scripting engine called AutoIt that allows import and export of profiles.
    It can be compiled into a stand alone executable.

    Yesterday I started working with it and I created two scripts, one that exports profile and another one that imports them. They are very basic, but can be perfected.

    Download AutoIt from:
    http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml

    You can see my scripts either at:
    http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91018&st=20&gopid=760331&#entry760331

    or at:
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/foru...wcn-ufd-and-wpa-radius-winxp.html#post3445154

    Stan Cooper wrote:

    Export Profiles in WZC
    05-Jun-07

    Is there a way in Windows XP SP2 to export the WZC wireless profiles? We
    have about 20 access points secured with WEP passwords and it would be
    helpful to setup all of the profiles on one machine and be able to export
    them and then import them into another machine either manually or by login
    script

    Thanks
    Stan Cooper

    On Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:24 AM
    Stan Cooper wrote:

    Export Profiles in WZC
    Is there a way in Windows XP SP2 to export the WZC wireless profiles? We
    have about 20 access points secured with WEP passwords and it would be
    helpful to setup all of the profiles on one machine and be able to export
    them and then import them into another machine either manually or by login
    script

    Thanks
    Stan Cooper

    Re: Export Profiles in WZC

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0604.msp

    Vista..

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0406.msp

    With Vista you can also do this via group policies..

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2007/04/CableGuy/default.asp

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking

    Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for th
    mutual benefit of all of us..
    The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.co
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n
    rights...

    New Idea to Convert DataReader to DataTable
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...2-b64e7efa67f8/new-idea-to-convert-datar.aspx

    Ohad Hawk, Jan 6, 2010
  4. Stan Cooper

    Ohad Hawk Guest

    RE: Export Profiles in WZC - a solution

    Hi Thomas,

    There is a freeware that allows that: AutoIt.
    You can download it from:
    Code:
    http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml
    At the following thread I added quick-and-dirty sample of AutoIt scripts (can be compiled to executables) that allow exporting WZC profiles (including EAP) and importing them.
    You can manually create a valid profile, export it and then import on all of the other computers.

    The thread:
    Code:
    http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91018&st=20&gopid=760331&#entry760331
    Autoit profile export script (can be compiled to stand-alone executable)
    Usage: ExportXmlProfile <SSID>
    Profile will be exported to <SSID>.xml
    Code:
    #CS
    13/08/2009 - Version 3.1b
    ----------------------NATIVE WIFI FUNCTIONS----------------------
    --------------------------For WinXP SP3--------------------------
    ----------------------------by MattyD----------------------------

    This is a quick how to...
    Check the help for a comprehensive coverage of functions!

    The syntax for these functions is used for back compatablity
    It is recomended that newcomers use the V3.1a functions

    If you are using 3rd party software to configre your connections
    this script will give windows control

    The connections section is commented out for sake of annoyance

    This script assumes you are connected when running
    #CE
    #Include "Native_Wifi_Func_V3_1b.au3"
    #include <array.au3>

    ;----------------------------------------------------------------
    ;Setting up the Session...
    ;----------------------------------------------------------------
    $Interfaces = _Wlan_StartSession() 	;Calls Openhandle, EnumInterfaces and SetGlobalConstants
    									;If successful it returns output from EnumInterfaces and sets @extended to the client handle
    									;SetGlobalConstants is called with the client handle and the pointer to the guid of the first interface
    									;
    									;Still confused? (Its not essential unless you wish to control a second wifi card)
    									;We can manually set up the session by:
    									;
    									;$Handle = _Wlan_OpenHandle()
    									;$Interfaces = ($Handle)
    									;_Wlan_SetGlobalConstants($Handle, $Interfaces[0][0]) (this allows -1 to be subsituted for client handle and guid pointer values in subsequent functions)

    ;_ArrayDisplay($Interfaces, "Interface Array")	;$Interfaces[Interface][0] - pointer to a GUID struct
    												;	Used for multiple wifi cards (lets functions know which adaptor to talk to)
    												;$Interfaces[Interface][1] - Adaptor name
    												;$Interfaces[Interface][2] - Connection state. Connected, Disconnected or Authenticating - Read next section for more info!

    ;----------------------------------------------------------------
    ;Error Management
    ;----------------------------------------------------------------

    ;ERROR VALUES
    ;   @error = 0
    ;        Success!
    ;
    ;   @error = 1
    ;        Dll Call Error
    ;
    ;        The function returns a reason for the error
    ;
    ;        @Extended is set to the Dll error code
    ;            To interpret the @extended value go to:
    ;            http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms681381.aspx
    ;
    ;   @error = 2
    ;        Number of interfaces/available networks/profiles/profile names = 0
    ;
    ;	@error = 3
    ;		Invalid Profile
    ;
    ;	@error = 4
    ;		Unable To Use Dll
    ;
    ;	@error = 5
    ;		Function timed out

    ;----------------------------------------------------------------
    ;Adaptor related functions
    ;----------------------------------------------------------------
    _Wlan_SetInterface(-1, -1, 0, "Auto Config Enabled") ;Auto Config Enabled or Auto Config Disabled - Some 3rd party wifi managers will switch this setting off again if it wants control!
    If @error Then ConsoleWrite("_Wlan_SetInterface1: " & $Error)
    $QI = _Wlan_QueryInterface(-1, -1, 0) ;The "use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" checkbox - Needs to be enabled for many funtions to work
    ConsoleWrite("Query Interface 0: " & $QI & @CRLF)
    If @error Then ConsoleWrite("_Wlan_QueryInterface2: " & $Error)

    If $CmdLine[0] == 0 Then
    	MsgBox(16, "ExportXmlProfile error", "Missing profile SSID argument")
    	Exit 1
    EndIf

    If $CmdLine[0] > 1 Then
    	MsgBox(16, "ExportXmlProfile error", "Incorrect number of command line arguments")
    	Exit 1
    EndIf

    ; Check that the profile exists
    $wlanProfile = _Wlan_GetProfile(-1, -1, $CmdLine[1])
    If StringLeft($wlanProfile, 18) == "Element not found." Then
    	MsgBox(16, "ExportXmlProfile error", "No profile found for SSID: " & $CmdLine[1])
    	Exit 1
    EndIf

    ; Get the profile's XML
    $a_iCall = DllCall($WLANAPIDLL, "dword", "WlanGetProfile", "hwnd", $GLOBAL_hClientHandle, "ptr", $Interfaces[0][0], "wstr", "reg73G_rsn_eap_ccmp","ptr", 0, "wstr*", 0, "ptr*", 0, "ptr*", 0)
    If @error <> 0 Then
    	MsgBox(16, "ExportXmlProfile error", "Error getting the XML profile for SSID: " & $CmdLine[1])
    	Exit 1
    ElseIf $a_iCall[0] <> 0 Then
    	$ErrorMessage = _Wlan_GetErrorMessage($a_iCall[0])
    	MsgBox(16, "ExportXmlProfile error", "Error getting the XML profile for SSID: " & $CmdLine[1] & @CRLF & "Error (" & $a_iCall[0] & "): " & $ErrorMessage)
    	Exit 1
    EndIf
    $xmlProfile = $a_iCall[5]

    ; Write the profile to a file
    $fileName = $CmdLine[1] & ".xml"
    $fh = FileOpen ( $fileName , 2 )
    If $fh == -1 Then
    	MsgBox(16, "ExportXmlProfile error", "Could not write to XML file: " & $fileName)
    	Exit 1
    EndIf
    FileWrite($fh, $xmlProfile )
    FileClose($fh)

    MsgBox(64, "ExportXmlProfile success", "Successfully wrote the profile to: " & $fileName)

    _Wlan_EndSession(-1) ;Calls CloseHandle and closes the dll

    Hi Stan,

    I was facing the same issue and found a solution.
    There is a scripting engine called AutoIt that allows import and export of profiles.
    It can be compiled into a stand alone executable.

    Yesterday I started working with it and I created two scripts, one that exports profile and another one that imports them. They are very basic, but can be perfected.

    Download AutoIt from:
    http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml

    You can see my scripts either at:
    http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91018&st=20&gopid=760331&#entry760331

    or at:
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/foru...wcn-ufd-and-wpa-radius-winxp.html#post3445154

    Regards,
    Ohad

    Stan Cooper wrote:

    Export Profiles in WZC
    05-Jun-07

    Is there a way in Windows XP SP2 to export the WZC wireless profiles? We
    have about 20 access points secured with WEP passwords and it would be
    helpful to setup all of the profiles on one machine and be able to export
    them and then import them into another machine either manually or by login
    script.

    Thanks,
    Stan Cooper

    On Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:24 AM
    Stan Cooper wrote:

    Export Profiles in WZC
    Is there a way in Windows XP SP2 to export the WZC wireless profiles? We
    have about 20 access points secured with WEP passwords and it would be
    helpful to setup all of the profiles on one machine and be able to export
    them and then import them into another machine either manually or by login
    script.

    Thanks,
    Stan Cooper

    On Tuesday, June 05, 2007 9:28 AM

    Re: Export Profiles in WZC

    With Windows Connect Now (WCN) you can save off the wireless configuration
    to a flash drive and use that. You could probably also put the created files
    and folders on a shared drive for access by all users. I have never tried
    that though.

    XP...

    Vista...

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0406.mspx

    With Vista you can also do this via group policies...

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2007/04/CableGuy/default.aspx

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    On Wednesday, January 06, 2010 10:04 AM
    Ohad Hawk wrote:

    RE: Export Profiles in WZC - a solution
    Hi Stan,

    I was facing the same issue and found a solution.
    There is a scripting engine called AutoIt that allows import and export of profiles.
    It can be compiled into a stand alone executable.

    Yesterday I started working with it and I created two scripts, one that exports profile and another one that imports them. They are very basic, but can be perfected.

    Download AutoIt from:
    http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml

    You can see my scripts either at:
    http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=91018&st=20&gopid=760331&#entry760331

    or at:
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/foru...wcn-ufd-and-wpa-radius-winxp.html#post3445154

    Database Design for Mere Mortals
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...1f-1ced9909759c/database-design-for-mere.aspx

    Ohad Hawk, Jan 6, 2010
  5. Stan Cooper

    Pavel A. Guest

    Re: Export Profiles in WZC - a solution

    Hi Ohad! It's a small world ... Are you still in the wi-fi business? :)

    -- Pavel A.

    (email: remove numbers)

    Pavel A., Jan 6, 2010