Export from BitPim to Outlook?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Apr 20, 2007.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    Trying to export from Bitpim to Outlook - I have about 4 versions of
    Outlook and OE. Latest is Outlook 2007.

    Trying to export from a phone that can be programmed with bitpim to
    one that can't (Samsung SCH-i730).

    The problem is this:

    If I export to a VCF, Outlook only imports the first record.

    If I export a CSV, the way the data is exported is fudged.

    There's no consistancy. ie

    The third column may have one persons home phone, another persons
    mobile number, and someone elses fax number
    (ie in column B, for Joe Smith, it may be a fax, but Column B for Bob
    Jones is a home number). Of course, there's a column to the right that
    says (Home), but that doesn't help.

    So what's the easiest way to get the data over to Outlook - or any
    possible way to import it on my Samsung i730? I can put it on a SD
    card if need be, but there doesn't seem to be any functionality on the
    phone to import a file.

    Using Windows XP and ActiveSync 4.5.

    Thanks.

    Evan Platt, Apr 20, 2007