    into a view I can put up on my webspace for when I am at another computer.

    Ideally some nice ajaxy tree view since I have several hundred all
    folderized so I can find stuff.
    Richard, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Richard

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Is there an easy way to have my firefox bookmarks automatically sync
    > into a view I can put up on my webspace for when I am at another computer.
    >
    > Ideally some nice ajaxy tree view since I have several hundred all
    > folderized so I can find stuff.

    del.icio.us

    Doesn't use folders, it uses tags (which are much more powerful), but
    will import FX bookmarks too. I think the folder name becomes a tag.

    I've almost given up using local bookmarks because del.icio.us makes
    using bookmarks on multiple systems and sharing links so easy. RSS feeds
    out make this extremely useful, and there are a range of third party
    tools using del.icio.us as well - for example, del.icio.us director.
    -=rjh=-, Dec 5, 2006

  3. Richard

    jasen Guest

    On 2006-12-05, Richard <> wrote:
    > Is there an easy way to have my firefox bookmarks automatically sync

    There's some sort of google service for that.

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Dec 5, 2006
  4. Richard wrote:
    > Is there an easy way to have my firefox bookmarks automatically sync
    > into a view I can put up on my webspace for when I am at another computer.
    >
    > Ideally some nice ajaxy tree view since I have several hundred all
    > folderized so I can find stuff.

    firefox stores it's bookmarks in a file called bookmarks.html
    Mark Robinson, Dec 5, 2006
  5. Richard

    Rob Guest

    Mark Robinson wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >> Is there an easy way to have my firefox bookmarks automatically sync
    >> into a view I can put up on my webspace for when I am at another computer.
    >>
    >> Ideally some nice ajaxy tree view since I have several hundred all
    >> folderized so I can find stuff.

    > firefox stores it's bookmarks in a file called bookmarks.html

    Trouble is ff also stores add_date, last_access, last_modified and
    favicon in text as well. Difficult to separate out just the url & title.
    De.li.cio.us and other similar home page like services hack all that for
    you.

    --

    Rob
    http://aspir8or.googlepages.com/linux_links

    You know you've spent too much time on the computer when you spill milk
    and the first thing you think is, 'edit, undo.'
    Rob, Dec 5, 2006
  6. Richard

    Richard Guest

    jasen wrote:
    > On 2006-12-05, Richard <> wrote:
    >> Is there an easy way to have my firefox bookmarks automatically sync

    > There's some sort of google service for that.

    Unfortunatly it takes about 40 mins to sync, and it leaves everything on
    the PC when its done, I dont want that, I just want a place to browse them.
    Richard, Dec 6, 2006
  7. Richard

    Richard Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:

    > Doesn't use folders, it uses tags (which are much more powerful), but
    > will import FX bookmarks too. I think the folder name becomes a tag.
    >
    > I've almost given up using local bookmarks because del.icio.us makes
    > using bookmarks on multiple systems and sharing links so easy. RSS feeds
    > out make this extremely useful, and there are a range of third party
    > tools using del.icio.us as well - for example, del.icio.us director.

    Not interested in tags, only folders. Tags are why I dont use gmail.

    Plus I would rather have some php or perl that I put in my web space,
    rather then relying on someone elses service.
    Richard, Dec 6, 2006