  1. leo

    leo Guest

    is it worth the expense?
    leo, Aug 9, 2004

  2. schuetzen - RKBA!, Aug 9, 2004

  3. schuetzen - RKBA! wrote:

    > leo wrote:
    >

    >>is it worth the expense?
    >>

    > I could not and would not do without mine.

    Ok, what exactly do you use yours for? I have found it all right as far
    as setting a white balance, but who needs it, and not as accurate as the
    reflected light meter in my camera. If you are more clever than I at
    figuring out some good uses for it, please 'splain, Lucy.

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 9, 2004
  4. Odd how Wallace couldn't sell the same device in the 1970's has now stuck a
    "digital" label on the same useless disk.

    Darrell Larose, Aug 10, 2004

    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 10, 2004
  6. Gary Eickmeier wrote:

    >Ok, what exactly do you use yours for? I have found it all right as far
    >as setting a white balance, but who needs it, an

    ???
    you are not arguing against using it as a white balance device??
    then I do not understand you comment which seems to be negative...
    sorry, maybe it is too late at night..
    fwiw

    --
    chas
    The new Canon DSLR elist. no trolls, etc

    schuetzen - RKBA!, Aug 10, 2004
  7. leo

    BandHPhoto Guest

    <Odd how Wallace couldn't sell the same device in the 1970's has now stuck a
    "digital" label on the same useless disk.>

    Odd you should think so considering how many they've sold. The idea of turning
    your camera's reflected meter into a simulation of a more accurate incident
    meter is very attractive to a person who appreciates the difference.
    - --

    regards,
    Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    BandHPhoto, Aug 10, 2004
  8. schuetzen - RKBA! wrote:
    > Gary Eickmeier wrote:
    >

    >>Ok, what exactly do you use yours for? I have found it all right as far
    >>as setting a white balance, but who needs it, an

    > ???
    > you are not arguing against using it as a white balance device??
    > then I do not understand you comment which seems to be negative...
    > sorry, maybe it is too late at night..
    > fwiw

    I clearly said that it can be used successfully for white balance, but
    it isn't really necessary. I have found it less than useful for exposure
    calculation.

    Again, what are you using yours for? Why do you like it?

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 11, 2004
  9. On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:50:36 GMT, Gary Eickmeier <>
    wrote:

    >Again, what are you using yours for? Why do you like it?

    I use it for its intended purpose, nothing else.
    cheers

    schuetzen - RKBA!, Aug 11, 2004
  10. schuetzen - RKBA! wrote:

    > On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 00:50:36 GMT, Gary Eickmeier <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Again, what are you using yours for? Why do you like it?

    > I use it for its intended purpose, nothing else.
    > cheers

    If you don't want to talk about it, stay out of the thread.

    Gary Eickmeier
    Gary Eickmeier, Aug 12, 2004