    petekisiel Guest

    adobe flash won't work with the 64bit explorer8 unless I change it to 32
    bit! Any way to get flash to work on 64?
    petekisiel, Aug 6, 2009

  2. petekisiel

    Dave Warren Guest

    In message <> "petekisiel"
    <> was claimed to have wrote:

    >adobe flash won't work with the 64bit explorer8 unless I change it to 32
    >bit! Any way to get flash to work on 64?

    Ask your friendly neighbourhood programmers at Adobe to notice that it's
    not the 90s anymore and have them release a x64 version of Flash.
    Dave Warren, Aug 6, 2009

  3. petekisiel

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Pete.

    Adobe makes it VERY HARD to find this TechNote but it IS there on their
    website - if you can stumble across just the right page. I keep losing it
    and then spending another hour finding it again. :>(

    But the topic comes up often in newsgroups, so here it is again:
    Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

    It's short, so I'll quote the whole thing:
    <paste>
    Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems
    Ratings:27 of 37 people found this helpful
    Issue

    Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser.
    However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit
    operating system.

    Reason

    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our
    ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We
    expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release
    of Flash Player following Flash Player 10.

    Solution

    To use Flash Player to view Flash content on a 64-bit operating system,
    youmust run a 32-bit browser.
    </paste>

    Note that the page was "Last updated:2008-10-14".

    Nothing much that you or I - or Microsoft - can do about this until, as Dave
    suggested, Adobe's "ongoing commitment" wakes up to the 21st Century.
    :>( I'm running their latest, Adobe Flash Player version 10.0.32.18, and
    the 32-bit-browser-on-64-bit-Win7 requirement still applies.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX