    my kids have altered something. My shortcut to explore now brings up my
    docs. what's been changed???
    GM

    george mortimore, Mar 31, 2006

  2. george mortimore

    Chet Guest

    I can think of two things to check:

    Right click the shortcut icon and click on "properties". Has the URL for
    the shortcut changed?

    Check if the homepage has been changed. Go to "tools" "Internet options".

    Chet, Mar 31, 2006

  3. Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer?
    If it's the first one, right click on your shortcut -> properties, and
    put this adress on "target" : %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe
    If it's the second one... Chet as replied.

    Coin-coin le Canapin, Mar 31, 2006
  4. george mortimore

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > Help.
    > my kids have altered something. My shortcut to explore now brings up my
    > docs. what's been changed???
    > GM

    You can do a *Search* and find explorer.exe (Explorer) or iexplore.exe (IE).
    When you find the one you're looking for, right-click the line and select
    Send To/short-cut to Desktop. You should delete the one that's bad first.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 1, 2006