    humbaba Guest

    IS there someone who knows what is an "explorer storm"?

    thanx

    humbaba, Mar 30, 2007

  2. * humbaba wrote:
    > IS there someone who knows what is an "explorer storm"?

    IBM token ring networks using Source Route Bridging use explorer frames to
    detect the network structure. If you try to connect to an other maschine, an
    explorer frame is send through the ring(s) in order to find the right bridge
    number sequence to reach the other side. All possible loop free sequences
    are detected and stored on your terminal. If you can't connectto due to an
    intermediate network failure, your terminal automatically choose an other
    way to reach the other end.

    Unfortunly I you power on your terminal, the explorer cache is empty.
    Therefore every new connection causes a new explorer frame traversing all
    network rings reachable.

    Due to a still unexplored human property, most workers come into the company
    at nearly the same time and turn on their working equipment. Due to another
    highly secret circumstance, most people really start to work, instead of
    drinking coffee for a random time. That's why a lot of explorer frames are
    send out in a very short period of time. Futhermore at each bridge the
    explorer frame is duplicated into the neighboring rings ... the storm
    cascade has started ...

    Lutz Donnerhacke, Mar 30, 2007

  3. humbaba

    humbaba Guest

    Lutz Donnerhacke wrote:
    > * humbaba wrote:
    >> IS there someone who knows what is an "explorer storm"?

    > IBM token ring networks using Source Route Bridging use explorer frames to
    > detect the network structure. If you try to connect to an other maschine, an
    > explorer frame is send through the ring(s) in order to find the right bridge
    > number sequence to reach the other side. All possible loop free sequences
    > are detected and stored on your terminal. If you can't connectto due to an
    > intermediate network failure, your terminal automatically choose an other
    > way to reach the other end.
    >
    > Unfortunly I you power on your terminal, the explorer cache is empty.
    > Therefore every new connection causes a new explorer frame traversing all
    > network rings reachable.
    >
    > Due to a still unexplored human property, most workers come into the company
    > at nearly the same time and turn on their working equipment. Due to another
    > highly secret circumstance, most people really start to work, instead of
    > drinking coffee for a random time. That's why a lot of explorer frames are
    > send out in a very short period of time. Futhermore at each bridge the
    > explorer frame is duplicated into the neighboring rings ... the storm
    > cascade has started ...

    Thank you, Lutz.

    humbaba, Mar 30, 2007
  4. humbaba

    Brad Guest

    In the spring, I love standing in a storm cascade with no shoes on....

    Brad, Mar 30, 2007