    interest. I have searched the Startup programs, via MSConfig to no
    avail.

    Any insights greatly appreciated.
    Deirdre Monroe, May 25, 2004

  2. Deirdre Monroe

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 22:51:48 -0700, Deirdre Monroe <>
    wrote:

    >Greetings,
    >
    >After installing Windows XP SP-1 on a new computer all was fine until
    >I went to the Microsoft site and updated; afterwhich, whenever the
    >computer boots up Explorer opens C:\Windows\System32?
    >
    >For reference,this is a new Dell, I reformatted and re-installed
    >Windows XP as the computer comes with many programs and offers not of
    >interest. I have searched the Startup programs, via MSConfig to no
    >avail.
    >
    >Any insights greatly appreciated.

    System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot (See: Tip 260 - Right side)
    www.kellys-korner.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP, Windows 2000, or
    Windows NT 4.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=170086
    Unk, May 25, 2004

  3. Deirdre Monroe

    °Mike° Guest

    System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP,
    Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=170086

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 22:51:48 -0700, in
    <>