    freezing, and when I press alt ctrl del, it shows each and every time
    that Explorer has stopped responding, and then I get that blue screen
    saying the system is busy. what is the problem, and how can I fix it?

    transient individual, Aug 19, 2004

  2. transient individual

    Jerry G. Guest

    This can be a lot of things! You may be out of hard disk space, and the
    swap file, and or caching files may not have proper space to work. I have
    seen systems where the Recycle Bin has been very full, and no room left on
    the disk drive for the system to operate.

    I would suggest to first evaluate the amount of space that is left on the
    drive. If the available space is too low, then a proper cleanup of the
    unused cache files would be the first thing to look at.

    If the above all complies, and there is proper space on the drive, it is
    possible that you may have some Trojan, or Adware programs running in the
    background that you are not aware of. You can call up the resource monitor,
    and look at the Services to see the activity, and resource usage on the
    machine. If you know what the norms are for your machine, you can then make
    some type of evaluation.

    Do a virus scan of the system, and download and use the utilities for
    cleaning up Adware type programs. Ad-Aware, and Spybot are just a few very
    good ones to use for this. Before running any of these utilities, make sure
    you do their latest update. These utilities are sometimes being updated by
    the hour.

    --

    Jerry G.

    It takes about approximately 10 to 20 minutes for my computer to start

    Jerry G., Aug 20, 2004