Explorer goes mad

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Iain, Jan 27, 2006.

  1. Iain

    Iain Guest

    I' running W2K3 x64 on a twin dual core AMD64 ssytem.

    From time to time (for reasons which elude me) Windows Explorer starts
    hogging 100% of a CPU (actually it's 25% of the total CPU with most of it
    on one core, but you know what I mean).

    This seems to happen every couple or 3 days and a restart fixes it.

    The irritation is obviously that I lose the task bar and other niceties.

    Any ideas about this?

    Any way to track this down?

    Thanks

    Iain
    --
    Iain Downs (DirectShow MVP)
    Commercial Software Therapist

    Iain, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Iain

    John Barnes Guest

    Mine has a problem when the internet connection bubble appears. Hope you
    have some luck with a reply. I haven't had any luck. Have you tried using
    Task Manager to stop and then relaunch Explorer.exe Stop on processes page
    and restart on Applications page.

    John Barnes, Jan 27, 2006