    intentionally, anyhow). Can anyone please help?

    TIA

    Geoff.
    Geoff, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Geoff

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    news:dco1a2$d1g$-infra.bt.com...
    > I am using IE6 and WinXP pro. The addresses which I have previously

    typed
    > in the address bar of IE are disappearing after only a few days

    leaving the
    > dropdown list empty. I don't recall ever having this happen before

    and
    > to the best of my knowledge no settings have been changed, not
    > intentionally, anyhow). Can anyone please help?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Geoff.

    r.c. Internet Explorer on desktop > c. Properties > set 'Days to keep
    history' to that of your choice > Apply > OK

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Aug 2, 2005

  3. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Thanks Emrys,

    But that was already set to 20 and yet the addresses I typed in yesterday
    have gone today !

    Geoff

    Geoff, Aug 2, 2005
  4. Geoff

    Guest

    Geoff wrote:
    > Thanks Emrys,
    >
    > But that was already set to 20 and yet the addresses I typed in yesterday
    > have gone today !
    >
    > Geoff

    Silly question but do you have any programs that you run or run on a
    schedule to erase tracks or clean up windows junk, these often erase
    tracks and histories.

    Some 3rd party programs like System Mechanic and Tuneup Utilities have
    settings that enable you to force browsers to delete cache etc on exit

    Just a though, worth looking to see if you have any progs that interact
    with IE

    Damon
    , Aug 2, 2005
  5. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    Good thought but......Nope! I run Adaware occasionally but I don't think
    that does it.

    Geoff

    Geoff, Aug 2, 2005
  6. Geoff

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    > Good thought but......Nope! I run Adaware occasionally but I don't

    think
    > that does it.
    >
    > Geoff
    >

    > "Geoff" <> wrote in message
    > > I am using IE6 and WinXP pro. The addresses which I have

    previously
    > typed
    > > in the address bar of IE are disappearing after only a few days

    leaving
    > the
    > > dropdown list empty. I don't recall ever having this happen

    before and
    > > to the best of my knowledge no settings have been changed, not
    > > intentionally, anyhow). Can anyone please help?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Geoff.

    From what I have jst read, this is worth a try.

    In Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options > Content tab >
    Under Personal Information c. Autocomplete > check Web Addresses > OK

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Aug 2, 2005
  7. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    I was wrong!! It is caused by Adaware. Whenever I run Adaware, it clears
    out the dropdown addresses in the IE address bar. How do I stop that ??

    Geoff.

    Geoff, Aug 2, 2005
  8. Geoff

    trout Guest

    Geoff wrote:

    > I was wrong!! It is caused by Adaware. Whenever I run Adaware, it
    > clears out the dropdown addresses in the IE address bar. How do I
    > stop that ??
    >
    > Geoff.

    Just look at what you're doing, when running the program. The
    Explorer address bar history is classified as a 'negligible' object.
    Most spyware detection programs will alert to these as an MRU (most
    recently run) list, or Usage Tracks. These need only be deleted if you
    are concerned about people seeing what you've been doing. Find the entry
    on the Negigible tab, right-click it, and remove it from further
    searches. Or set your options to not search for negligible items.

    trout, Aug 2, 2005
  9. Geoff

    Geoff Guest

    That explains it. Many thanks for the advice.

    Geoff.

    Geoff, Aug 3, 2005