Explorer 7

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Nov 17, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I have just upgraded to Explorer 7 in the last few days and I'm still
    getting used to it.

    I have one small issue though. Before I upgraded I had all the sounds
    disabled in the multimedia section of Advanced in the Tools menu. It
    is still showing as being disabled but unfortunately there are sounds
    when I click links etc in web pages and when new pages come up.

    Anyone know if this is a known fault or can suggest anything to get
    rid of the sounds?

    It is also happening within Windows Explorer as well now.

    I always have sounds disabled within the Sound Scheme of windows and
    within Explorer because I tend to do a lot of recording of audio and
    video and I don't want silly web page noises spoiling the recordings.

    Cheers

    John

    John, Nov 17, 2006

  2. John

    Brian Guest

    There are some things that were added to sounds in the control panel with
    the IE7 upgrade. You might check there to see if you can remove those sounds
    to prevent this problem

    Brian, Nov 18, 2006

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:35:43 -0600, "Brian"
    <> wrote:

    >There are some things that were added to sounds in the control panel with
    >the IE7 upgrade. You might check there to see if you can remove those sounds
    >to prevent this problem

    Thanks! I had to go in and change each one individually. For some
    reason it doesn't do it if you just change the profile to "no sound"
    as it had added loads of new things with sounds linked to them.

    I believe I have sorted it now: http://tinyurl.com/tacd8 ;)

    John

    John, Nov 24, 2006