    --
    Budgie
    NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

    Budgie, Dec 17, 2007

  2. Budgie

    sandy58 Guest

    On Dec 17, 8:22 pm, "Budgie" <> wrote:
    > Recently, opening Internet Explorer 6 has become a hit-and-miss operation,
    > with many "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"
    > messages - even when opening Hotmail. If the requested error report is sent
    > to Microsoft, that's it - no further message from them to suggest a remedy.
    >
    > I run XP SP2 and Explorer 6 and install most of the 'automatic updates' that
    > come along. Is it one of these causing the problem? Would installing
    > Explorer 7 solve the problem?
    >
    > Apologies if this question has already been dealt with - I wasn't subscribed
    > to the newsgroup then!
    >
    > --
    > Budgie
    > NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

    Type "Explorer 6" into the search box (above/right) and you'll get
    bored with the number of hits for it. :)

    sandy58, Dec 17, 2007

  3. Budgie

    k35454 Guest

    "Budgie" <> wrote in message
    Recently, opening Internet Explorer 6 has become a hit-and-miss operation,
    with many "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"
    messages - even when opening Hotmail. If the requested error report is sent
    to Microsoft, that's it - no further message from them to suggest a remedy.

    I run XP SP2 and Explorer 6 and install most of the 'automatic updates' that
    come along. Is it one of these causing the problem? Would installing
    Explorer 7 solve the problem?

    Apologies if this question has already been dealt with - I wasn't subscribed
    to the newsgroup then!

    --
    Budgie
    NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.

    Does your IE6 have a "repair" function (available
    from System Information Or Add/Remove Programs>Delete ? k35454.

    k35454, Dec 18, 2007
  4. Budgie

    Budgie Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message

    > Type "Explorer 6" into the search box (above/right) and you'll get
    > bored with the number of hits for it. :)

    I don't seem to have a search box! Using Outlook Express 6.

    Budgie, Dec 18, 2007