Explore from here power toy: hack for 32-bit and 64-bit explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Philip Bondi, Jul 23, 2008.

  1. Philip Bondi

    Philip Bondi Guest

    Hello to all:

    The Windows 95 Explore From Here power toy works for the 64-bit
    Windows explorer as downloaded from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q168113
    on Windows XP x64.

    I've hacked the EXPLORE.INF and renamed it EXPLORE-X64.INF to create a
    second shell extension for the 32-bit Windows explorer.

    I hope someone finds this useful.

    [version]
    signature="$CHICAGO$"

    [DefaultInstall]
    AddReg = Explore.AddReg
    CopyFiles = Explore.CopyFiles.Inf

    [ExploreInstall]
    AddReg = Explore.AddReg
    CopyFiles = Explore.CopyFiles.Inf

    [DefaultUninstall]
    DelReg = Explore.AddReg
    DelFiles = Explore.CopyFiles.Inf

    [Explore_Remove]
    DelReg = Explore.AddReg
    DelFiles = Explore.CopyFiles.Inf

    [Explore.AddReg]
    HKCR,Folder\shell\rootexplore64bit,,,"%EXPLORE_DESC%"
    HKCR,Folder\shell\rootexplore64bit\command,,,"C:\WINDOWS
    \SysWow64\Explorer.exe /e,/root,/idlist,%I"
    HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    \rootexplore64bit,DisplayName,,"%Explore_REMOVE_DESC%"
    HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    \rootexplore64bit,UninstallString,,"RunDll
    setupx.dll,InstallHinfSection Explore_remove 4 Explore-x64.inf"

    [Explore.CopyFiles.Inf]
    Explore.Inf

    [SourceDisksNames]
    55="Explore From Here 32-bit","",1

    [SourceDisksFiles]
    Explore.Inf=55

    [DestinationDirs]
    Explore.CopyFiles.Inf = 17

    [Strings]
    Explore_DESC = "Explore From Here 32-bit"
    EXPLORE_REMOVE_DESC = "Explore From Here (Remove only)"

    Philip Bondi, Jul 23, 2008