    Kaspersky found it and could not disinfect it. Deleted as asked. Can't
    find much on the net about it. What and who is using it? Anybody knows
    more than I do about it, I guess.

    joevan, Dec 9, 2007

  2. joevan

    Tester Guest

    On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 22:38:12 GMT, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >Kaspersky found it and could not disinfect it. Deleted as asked. Can't
    >find much on the net about it. What and who is using it? Anybody knows
    >more than I do about it, I guess.

    Supposedly Java is supposed to run in a "sandbox" which limits the
    access of any Java program. I suppose that some version of the Java
    Runtime Environment has some exploit built in but allegedly a bit of
    Java malware could only do so much.

    Tester, Dec 9, 2007

  3. joevan

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, joevan
    <> wrote:

    > Kaspersky found it and could not disinfect it. Deleted as asked. Can't
    > find much on the net about it. What and who is using it? Anybody knows
    > more than I do about it, I guess.

    Why would you want to know anything about it?

    It is very unlikely you want to consider keeping it.

    Mitch, Dec 10, 2007
  4. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:39:20 -1000, Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <>, joevan
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Kaspersky found it and could not disinfect it. Deleted as asked. Can't
    >> find much on the net about it. What and who is using it? Anybody knows
    >> more than I do about it, I guess.

    >Why would you want to know anything about it?
    >
    >It is very unlikely you want to consider keeping it.

    Why not. I might like to know how it got where it was. Somebody knows
    at Kaspersky. So I though someone here might also. Who or what evil
    sniper creates such sluck.

    joevan, Dec 10, 2007
  5. joevan

    ded Guest

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:39:20 -1000, Mitch <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, joevan
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Kaspersky found it and could not disinfect it. Deleted as asked. Can't
    >>> find much on the net about it. What and who is using it? Anybody knows
    >>> more than I do about it, I guess.

    >>Why would you want to know anything about it?
    >>
    >>It is very unlikely you want to consider keeping it.

    > Why not. I might like to know how it got where it was. Somebody knows
    > at Kaspersky. So I though someone here might also. Who or what evil
    > sniper creates such sluck.

    It is just one of many java exploits, all firewalls should detect and
    stop such exploits. It will invariably have been from a website.
    For your PC to have been infected you probably agreed to a pop-up
    or temporarilly disabled protection so as to install something from
    a specific website etc. They are very common via porn websites.
    For full info, in google just type: Java Exploits

    ded, Dec 10, 2007
  6. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:52:56 -0000, "ded" <>
    wrote:

    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 15:39:20 -1000, Mitch <> wrote:

    >>>Why would you want to know anything about it?
    >>>
    >>>It is very unlikely you want to consider keeping it.

    >> Why not. I might like to know how it got where it was. Somebody knows
    >> at Kaspersky. So I though someone here might also. Who or what evil
    >> sniper creates such sluck.

    >It is just one of many java exploits, all firewalls should detect and
    >stop such exploits. It will invariably have been from a website.
    >For your PC to have been infected you probably agreed to a pop-up
    >or temporarilly disabled protection so as to install something from
    >a specific website etc. They are very common via porn websites.
    >For full info, in google just type: Java Exploits

    I see what you mean. There seem to be many of them. I have no Idea how
    it got where it did unless I was tired and turned off my defenses one
    night for a second or two. Kaspersky usually stops that stuff afore it
    gets to first base with the proactive stuff working.

    joevan, Dec 10, 2007