Explaining the horror that are HDR images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rich, Dec 23, 2010.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Rich, Dec 23, 2010

    Ryan McGinnis, Dec 23, 2010

  3. Rich

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Ray Fischer, Dec 24, 2010
  4. Rich

    Griffin Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:21:55 -0800 (PST), Rich <>
    wrote this:

    >This guy and his images are fine. It's the commercial world that has
    >embraced the outladish crap that passes for HDR work.

    Garbage!

    Griffin.
    Griffin, Dec 24, 2010
  5. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Dec 23, 4:24 pm, Ryan McGinnis <> wrote:

    > On 12/23/2010 2:21 PM, Rich wrote:
    >
    > > This guy and his images are fine. It's the commercial world that has
    > > embraced the outladish crap that passes for HDR work.

    > >http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Guides/The_art_of_HDR_Photography_par...

    > Actually, I haven't seen a lot of demand for hyper-realistic HDR in the
    > commercial world.  A little bit, but not much.  It's mostly a
    > amateur/artistic photographer thing.

    I've seen it. It's a bit a fad, the garish colours and tones. Much
    like that dark, near-monotone that's been used on model shots in the
    last couple years. It won't last. Realistic HDR is however going to
    take over once they perfect it in-camera.
    Rich, Dec 24, 2010