    Shutter 1/30 sec

    Does this have a relationship to an EV?
    Mni Tnx

    Tom, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Tom

    Ralph Guest

    I am confused about the exposure time and shutter speed.
    What is the difference? (Not 0.00011111)

    ExposureTime - 10/9000 seconds
    ShutterSpeedValue - 1/1000 seconds

    --
    remove n u m b e r s to reply

    Ralph, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Tom

    Alan Browne Guest

    Tom wrote:

    > Can someone pse explain what the Brightness value represents in the EXIF
    > file.
    > And is there any where I can view a basic explanation of the EXIF terms.
    > Example data:-
    > Brightness Value 29 /10
    > Aperture f2.8
    > Shutter 1/30 sec
    >
    > Does this have a relationship to an EV?
    > Mni Tnx

    I have no idea what the "Brightness Value" means, but EV is simple enough:

    EV 0 is defined as: ISO 100, f/1.0, 1 second.

    From there, f/2.8 is 3 stops of light brighter,
    and 1/30 of a second is 5 stops brighter,

    So at ISO 100, that would be an EV of 8.

    ISO 200, EV of 7,
    ISO 50, EV of 9, etc.

    Alan.

    Alan Browne, Sep 24, 2003