    When is the Windows 2000 MCSE expiring?

    Thanks,
    Sunden
    =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=, Nov 2, 2005

  2. Nov 12, same as the milk in my fridge.

    --
    Famous last words: "Hey, check this out!"

    Bill McPherson, Nov 2, 2005

  3. Hey Bill,

    Coincidence, my cookies expire on that day as well.

    Do you mean November 12 of the year 2005?

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=, Nov 2, 2005
  4. Is that November 12 of 2005??

    Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=, Nov 2, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    Briscobar Guest

    Sunden <> rambled:

    > Hello
    >
    > I have all core exams & rather finish up with the w2k path & upgrade
    > to Windows Server 2003.
    >
    > When is the Windows 2000 MCSE expiring?

    Nobody's MCSE is going to expire. Once you're certified, you're certified
    for life. When they roll out a new OS, and applicable exams, they don't
    strip you of your existing certs.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com is best for all new updates than
    Briscobar, Nov 2, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    T-Bone Guest

    "Sunden" <> wrote
    > I have all core exams & rather finish up with the w2k path & upgrade to
    > Windows Server 2003.
    >
    > When is the Windows 2000 MCSE expiring?

    The certs don't expire once you get them. However, the exams are only
    offered for a limited time. The retire dates for the exams are listed on the
    MS website. Is that what you meant?
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Nov 2, 2005
  7. Microsoft had not yet accounced when they are going to discontinue the W2K
    tests

    =?Utf-8?B?a2FseXN0YQ==?=, Nov 4, 2005
  8. Thanks to all!

    I wanted to find out if it's worth it continuing the w2k MCVSE track & then
    finish up with the two exam upgrade for Windows Server 2003. It's lots of
    money & time to start all over again with WS2003 cert. There's a lot more
    than Windows.

    If there are no set dates, then great!

    Someone said it was November 12 for experation date.

    Thanks again!
    =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=, Nov 4, 2005
  9. Hi,

    So the exams for w2k MCSE do not expire in November 2005? Nothing confirms
    that in the Microsoft website.

    Thanks for any other information!

    Sunden

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=, Nov 8, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    Neil Guest

    Neil, Nov 8, 2005
  11. Hey Neil,

    I'd seen those links before.

    It was meant for Windows 2000 MCSE specifically. None of the "main"
    electives & core exams for the W2k MCSE path are listed in the expiration or
    set to expire links. Sure MS retires tons exams but so far, I do not see any
    that pertains to MCSE W2k at least that really matter; we don't care about
    sql 7 exams being retired.

    Thanks again mate!

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=, Nov 8, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?= <> say
    in news::

    > Sure MS retires tons exams but so far, I do not see any
    > that pertains to MCSE W2k at least that really matter;

    Exactly, ergo, none of the Win2k MCSE exams have been retired. Since MS
    DOES NOT, repeat DOES NOT, retire completed certifications (my MCSE on NT
    3.51 is still semi valid and the NT 4 one for sure is) then this means you
    can continue to try and get the older cert until MS retires the exam.

    I would still recommend moving towards the newer cert as it will be more
    valueable, but if you have already started down the path or if you have a
    great deal of expereince with W2k, go for it.

    Good luck...

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - At Intel, Quality is Job .99998366401
    Neil, Nov 8, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    kpg Guest

    We still have an NT 4 server doing something.

    BBS hosting I think.

    Really.

    kp "WildCat!" g
    kpg, Nov 8, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <ipost@thereforeiam> say in

    > We still have an NT 4 server doing something.

    our last hit the landfill earlier this year.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I am Ginzu of Borg. You will be assimilated, but wait, there's MORE!
    Neil, Nov 8, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    Frisbee®, Nov 8, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >We still have an NT 4 server doing something.
    >
    >BBS hosting I think.

    Ping Neil :)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 8, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    kpg Guest

    Frisbee® <> said something like

    > telnet://66.51.215.229/

    Do you Termninal Support Color? (Y/N)

    kp "ahh, the memories" g
    kpg, Nov 8, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Kline Sphere <.@> say in

    >>We still have an NT 4 server doing something.
    >>
    >>BBS hosting I think.

    > Ping Neil :)

    WHAT!?!?! and give up my cushy gummint job?

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - What do little birdies see when they get knocked unconscious?
    Neil, Nov 8, 2005
  19. =?Utf-8?B?U3VuZGVu?=

    > Do you Termninal Support Color (ANSI)? (Y/N)

    a) ifypfy

    ii) i missed the jinglish there. "All you bases are belong to us!"

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Things are more like they are now than ever before.
    Neil, Nov 8, 2005
  20. No, they do not. Only my milk actually expired. And some cheese.

    Bill McPherson, Nov 8, 2005