experts: i need you help!

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by robert, Mar 31, 2007.

  1. robert

    robert Guest

    This is my situation: in the company where i work, thanks to this
    newsgroup, i demonstrated that the VoIP is the only way we have to
    save enough money on the telephone system (so with those money we can
    hire 2 more people); however they want to reject my idea 'couse they
    say it's too complicated.

    Here is what we may need:

    Receiving telephone calls:
    - One 800 number (free number);
    - 12 SIP accounts (that we already have from one provider), located in
    3 different countries: UK (4 numbers), Ireland (2 numbers), Italy (6
    numbers), US (4 numbers).
    - 2 analogic lines (PSTN) located both in Italy;
    - 3 Fax machines (no necessary, at the moment, for running the
    business);
    - 4 cellular phones (1 in Uk, 1 in US, 1 in Italy and 1 in Ireland);

    For making calls:
    - 2 SIP accounts (different from the above) that all the bases should
    be able to use for calling;

    The step, for an external person who wants to call our company should
    be this:

    a person in Europe dials a 800 number, to which an automatic answering
    machine offers different options.
    So, something like this:

    800 Numbers (option for connection to the right base) ---> Base in
    (Italy or Uk, or Ireland or US) ---> Person ext.

    (it should wok in this way: 800 Number ---> Base Ext --> Person Ext).

    Eventually, we may need an answering machine in case the person is not
    available. Do yo think feasible?

    Tanks to whoever will answer me!!!!!
    robert, Mar 31, 2007

  2. robert

    Ross Beer Guest

    robert wrote:
    > This is my situation: in the company where i work, thanks to this
    > newsgroup, i demonstrated that the VoIP is the only way we have to
    > save enough money on the telephone system (so with those money we can
    > hire 2 more people); however they want to reject my idea 'couse they
    > say it's too complicated.
    >
    > Here is what we may need:
    >
    > Receiving telephone calls:
    > - One 800 number (free number);
    > - 12 SIP accounts (that we already have from one provider), located in
    > 3 different countries: UK (4 numbers), Ireland (2 numbers), Italy (6
    > numbers), US (4 numbers).
    > - 2 analogic lines (PSTN) located both in Italy;
    > - 3 Fax machines (no necessary, at the moment, for running the
    > business);
    > - 4 cellular phones (1 in Uk, 1 in US, 1 in Italy and 1 in Ireland);
    >
    > For making calls:
    > - 2 SIP accounts (different from the above) that all the bases should
    > be able to use for calling;
    >

    > The step, for an external person who wants to call our company should
    > be this:
    >
    > a person in Europe dials a 800 number, to which an automatic answering
    > machine offers different options.
    > So, something like this:
    >
    > 800 Numbers (option for connection to the right base) ---> Base in
    > (Italy or Uk, or Ireland or US) ---> Person ext.
    >
    > (it should wok in this way: 800 Number ---> Base Ext --> Person Ext).
    >
    > Eventually, we may need an answering machine in case the person is not
    > available. Do yo think feasible?
    >
    > Tanks to whoever will answer me!!!!!

    Hi Robert,

    I sounds like you could do with a PBX such as asterisk (See
    asterisk.org). Or a ITSP that offers IVR services.

    If you had an asterisk server you could register all of the sip accounts
    to it. You could then use an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system to
    direct your calls. Each external phone could register with the asterisk
    box allowing you to have extension numbers. Asterisk also offers
    voicemail and many more features.

    If you have different ITSP's in different countries you can also
    configure it to offer you least cost routing.

    If you would like to configure an asterisk server your self, but do not
    have the necessary skills you could use Trixbox (See
    http://www.trixbox.org/), which does almost everything for you.

    I hope this points you in the right direction.

    Ross

    Ross Beer
    VoiceHost Support
    www.voicehost.co.uk