Expert Witness sought in Canadian trial, will pay

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Robin Lee Powell, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. A friend of mine is on trial in Toronto, ON, Canada for something I'm
    not willing to discuss in a forum this public, but whether his computer
    could have been easily hacked or not, and in particular whether files
    could have been placed on his computer without his knowledge.

    He is not in any meaningful sense guilty of what he's being accused of,
    but Canadian law makes it amazingly hard to demonstrate this; the burden
    of proof is all wrong.

    His machine was a Win2K box permanently on and attached to the 'net by a
    cable modem.

    I know how hackable that is, you know how hackable that is. But we need
    to demonstrate it to the court.

    I will pay reasonable[1] fees plus all expenses for a well-credentialed
    computer security expert with no criminal record of any kind to testify
    at this trial.

    The trial starts March 1; I didn't think of posting here any sooner,
    unfortunately.

    Please e-mail me if you might be interested.

    -Robin

    [1]: OK, I'd probably pay unreasonable fees; e-mail me, we'll negotiate.
    --
    Me: http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ *** I'm a *male* Robin.
    "Constant neocortex override is the only thing that stops us all
    Robin Lee Powell, Feb 18, 2004

  2. (Robin Lee Powell) wrote:
    >A friend of mine is on trial in Toronto, ON, Canada for something I'm
    >not willing to discuss in a forum this public, but whether his computer
    >could have been easily hacked or not, and in particular whether files
    >could have been placed on his computer without his knowledge.

    "... is very relevant to his case."

    <sigh>

    -Robin

    Robin Lee Powell, Feb 18, 2004