Expert Needed: Win XP install stopped, HD not recognized when reboot

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by petitniv@gmail.com, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I formatted my drive to install XP Pro on a Dell Laptop, after the
    formatting complete, Win XP installation tells you the computer will
    reboot to continue installation with a red bar counting down 15
    seconds...

    Ok, well I shut down the computer instead of restarting and when I
    start again the computer...nothing. The installation does not continue
    as usual instead it stops after 5 seconds and shuts down. Blank screen,
    no info.

    The only solution I have is to format the HDD using an external USB
    port and try to reinstall again.

    If someone has a better idea please tell, I tried to continue the
    install on another laptop but nothing.

    Q2) Other problem, does someone know how to turn back on the BIOS start
    where you have F2 Boot Menu F12 BIOS because I switch off that to gain
    on start time but now I need to boot on a CD and I can't do that !

    Many thanks, for info here is the laptop I used:

    Dell Latitude D600
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    HDD Samsung 40 Gb less than 1 year old

    Pierre