    or its better to find somewhere else. The problem for me may be she will
    definately not give me any reference for new jobs.
    Pls advise.

    =?Utf-8?B?SCBTaGFo?=, Jan 20, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SCBTaGFo?=

    Marek Chmel Guest

    Hi ..
    i had a similar problem before. I have decided to leave, and to try to
    find a new
    job. I was succesfull even without any references. In my opinion it
    would be
    better to leave than to argue with a non technical person, who has his
    own ideas
    without any will for disscusions about the problem.

    Marek
    MCSA, MCDBA, MCTS: SQL2k5

    Marek Chmel, Jan 20, 2007

  3. Thanks Marek. Thanks for giving me a expert advise. I shall definately think
    positively for my career without any fear for a reference.

    Thanks once again.
    HSHAH

    =?Utf-8?B?SCBTaGFo?=, Jan 21, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SCBTaGFo?=

    WishMaster Guest

    On Jan 22, 4:04 am, H Shah <> wrote:
    > Thanks Marek. Thanks for giving me a expert advise. I shall definately think
    > positively for my career without any fear for a reference.
    >
    > Thanks once again.
    > HSHAH
    >

    > "Marek Chmel" wrote:
    > > Hi ..
    > > i had a similar problem before. I have decided to leave, and to try to
    > > find a new
    > > job. I was succesfull even without any references. In my opinion it
    > > would be
    > > better to leave than to argue with a non technical person, who has his
    > > own ideas
    > > without any will for disscusions about the problem.

    > > Marek
    > > MCSA, MCDBA, MCTS: SQL2k5

    > > > Hi,

    > > > I am a Database Professional with MCDBA Certification. Presently i am
    > > > deployed as DBA in one of the Not for profit organization. My Manager, who is
    > > > an indian lady is a non technical person who doesnot believe in any kind of
    > > > systems nor who believes in any kind of quality work. Many times she advises
    > > > me to follow her instructions keeping a database principles aside. For her,
    > > > normalization, constraints, validations in any database are not so important.
    > > > She only believes in just working blindly.
    > > > I am a database greet and i pay much importance to such concept in
    > > > perspective to database work. Many times we had hot dicussions for this but
    > > > as she is manage i have to end up without any conclusions.
    > > > I want an expert advise from you guys... Should i continue with such a job
    > > > or its better to find somewhere else. The problem for me may be she will
    > > > definately not give me any reference for new jobs.
    > > > Pls advise.- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Shah:

    I believe on one thing (in professional life), if you are not learning
    at your work place and not moving forward then look for a change. I
    been some jobs where I had problems but was learning and I was there
    for while.
    I think it goes to both, company and your interest.

    Cheers,
    Amer
    MCSD.Net
    ITIL Certified.

    WishMaster, Feb 1, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SCBTaGFo?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Jan 20, 7:42 pm, H Shah <H > wrote:

    > My Manager, who is an indian lady...

    What does country of origin have to do with your question ? Are you
    not Indian, yourself ? The name suggests that you are.

    And FYI, no one can give you "Expert advice" on this, because this is
    not a technical or factual question. Anyone can only give you their
    opinions on the subject.

    Cerebrus, Feb 1, 2007