    2 years of experience to do it?
    thanks
    pallavi
    pallavi, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Pallavi,

    Microsoft recommends having "two years of experience developing and
    maintaining solutions and applications"
    (http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcsd/requirementsdotnet.asp) in
    order to be a candidate for MCSD.NET.

    This means that you should ideally have two years of experience as a
    software engineer, software architect, consultant, or the like
    (http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcad/compare.asp).

    However, this doesn't mean that you can't try to pass the exams anyway to
    become an MCSD. On the other hand, most people find the solutions
    architecture exam (70-300) to be quite challenging if they don't have at
    least this amount of experience (I would personally recommend 5+ years in
    software development, 2+ years in a software architecture/engineer role).

    You can always start with MCAD, then, if that goes well, shoot for MCSD.
    --

    Dave Beauchemin
    Microsoft MVP, MCP

    Dave Beauchemin [MVP], Jul 30, 2003

  3. pallavi

    VBM Guest

    That depends on your grasping power and hands on experience on computer
    .....I have seen lots of people having solid programing / architecture
    knowledge but no jobs....

    at least u can start MCAD...for analysis / designing u need to have some
    practical experience

    thanks

    VBM, Jul 30, 2003
  4. pallavi

    John S Guest

    Nope, everyone's welcome, even if you work in a burger bar. Microsoft's
    view, the more the merrier.
    John S, Aug 3, 2003