    take MCAD exams. However, that was not stated in the
    requirements page. Is such experience necessary for MCAD
    or is it just a recommendation for candidates?
    NaNa, May 24, 2005

  2. NaNa

    George Guest

    Hi,

    Yes, experience is highly recommended because the exam
    goes very deeply in details especialy how to resolve
    standard problems.

    You could learn by hard, but my experience (1.5 year for
    VB.NET and 7 years for C++) and test assesments results
    (50 to 60 percent) tells me you should have experience at
    least for one year and the rest should be workthrough with
    books, msdn, internet and so on, so I do at the moment
    (since one month).

    So, if you want to save money, than wait at least one
    year, than take a test assesment to see yor skills.

    You can take a test assesment at:
    http://assessment.learning.microsoft.com/test/home.asp

    But if you want to know your skills now, try the tests and
    the results wills speak for it.

    Hope, this helps.

    Best regards.

    George

    George, May 24, 2005

  3. No,they are prefering the person to have that kind of
    experience however whether you have it or not,if you are
    not prepared enough,you gonna fail whether you 10 yrs or
    no experience at all,so if you are ready just go for
    it,do'nt delay yourself

    philadelphia76ers, May 24, 2005
  4. NaNa

    Claus Konrad Guest

    Indeed it is a good idea to have some experience before going to the exam.
    The problems descriped can not be learned by reading a book, hence make sure
    that you also have some "working knowlegde" about the subjects.

    /Claus Konrad
    MCAD.NET (C#)

    Claus Konrad, May 30, 2005