    learning this info and passing the exams. I need to give
    my boss a schedule....any suggestions or estimated time
    frames out there or that anyone has heard of??

    mws, Dec 18, 2003

  2. In news: 001b01c3c581$bc9a0790$,
    mws <> wrote:
    > I am just starting to learn .NET .... I want to get
    > my MCAD but am not sure what a realistic time frame is for
    > learning this info and passing the exams. I need to give
    > my boss a schedule....any suggestions or estimated time
    > frames out there or that anyone has heard of??

    Hi MWS,

    From what I hear the exams are oriented toward developers with about two
    year's on-the-job experience using the technology in question.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Maybe you could take to 229 exam first as you already have
    experience with SQL Server. Once you have cut your teeth
    on this, you could look at the others as you get .NET
    experience.

    I would think after 6 to 12 months experience with .NET
    you could easily take tow of the .NET exams. Exactly which
    ones would depend on which areas you have gained
    experience in (i.e. if you have been doing mostly web
    stuff go for the AS~.NET exam)

    Bob The Builder, Dec 18, 2003
  4. mws wrote:

    > I am just starting to learn .NET and am beginning to use
    > Visual Studio at work with VB. I have about 1 1/2 years
    > experience as a Systems Analyst but mostly work with
    > databases (sql serer 2000) and have done a little work
    > with web development in asp and vb script. I want to get
    > my MCAD but am not sure what a realistic time frame is for
    > learning this info and passing the exams. I need to give
    > my boss a schedule....any suggestions or estimated time
    > frames out there or that anyone has heard of??

    If you are just starting to use .NET I don't think a certification
    should be your first priority.

    General Protection Fault, Jan 5, 2004