expanding wine appreciation

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VINUM CANADA E-ZINE, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. Dear Group,

    I am a wine&food affisionado.

    I really enjoy wine and I want to extend its appreciation.
    I want to offer you a free gift you can give away to your friends and family
    or someone you know will enjoy it.

    I recently created a free wine information website, sort of a wine & food
    magazine, with many delicious recipes, wine suggestions and a little of
    history you're sure to enjoy.

    I would love to hear what you think of my new website. You can check it
    here:

    http://www.vinum.ca/

    Once you've looked it over, please pass it on.

    Thanks again everyone.

    Email me if you enjoy my website or if you have any questions or comments
    about it.

    Sincerely,
    Carlos Rodriguez
    webmaster

    http://www.vinum.ca - FREE Online Wine & Food Magazine
    VINUM CANADA E-ZINE, Aug 4, 2005

  2. VINUM CANADA E-ZINE

    Harrison Guest

    On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:31:04 -0400, "VINUM CANADA E-ZINE" <> wrote:

    >Dear Group,
    >
    >I am a wine&food affisionado.

    However, my spelling sucks.
    Harrison, Aug 4, 2005

  3. VINUM CANADA E-ZINE

    SEYMOUR Guest

    can i sell my stuff on here too?

    i have a 1993 ford sierra 1800 estate to sell
    it has a long mot and a bit of tax and is in superb condition for its age
    it had a recon engine 5000 miles ago and as long as ypu havnt drunk too much
    wine it drives beautifully

    £450 secures

    SEYMOUR, Aug 4, 2005
  4. VINUM CANADA E-ZINE

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:31:04 -0400, VINUM CANADA E-ZINE wrote:

    >Dear Group,
    >
    >I am a wine&food affisionado.

    www.dictionary.com
    No entry found for affisionado.
    Did you mean aficionado?

    <snip>

    >I would love to hear what you think of my new website. You can check it
    >here:
    >
    >http://www.vinum.ca/

    The page is tool tall, there are too many graphics, it's too big all
    together at 616KB. The red pattern used for top/bottom is crap.

    Really bad start, HTML validator , since the 1st line of your page
    claims to follow some standard

    Address: http://www.vinum.ca/default.aspx
    Encoding: utf-8 (detect automatically)
    Doctype: HTML 4.0 Transitional (detect automatically)
    Errors: 173 <------- very nice!

    From
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.vinum.ca/default.aspx

    http://www.vinum.ca/Portals/_default/default.css
    Gave up checking after 40 odd errors and 30 warnings for the above.
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...a/Portals/_default/default.css&usermedium=all

    Just as bad
    http://www.vinum.ca/Portals/_default/Skins/DNN-Blue/skin.css
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...efault/Skins/DNN-Blue/skin.css&usermedium=all

    WOW, no errors or warnings
    http://www.vinum.ca/Portals/_default/Containers/DNN-Blue/container.css
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...tainers/DNN-Blue/container.css&usermedium=all

    also a second, no errors or warnings
    http://www.vinum.ca/Portals/0/portal.css
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/....vinum.ca/Portals/0/portal.css&usermedium=all
    No style sheet found

    <snip>

    As for the HTML there is a lot wrong.

    Then the totally wrong (1 example) coldsoups.gif a 73KB image sized at
    500 x 280 forced into a 125 x 70 image, when you could create a real 125
    x 70 thumbnail of 8KB.

    Apply that same reduction in image size to the 400KB of other things you
    have, and your page becomes much faster to load and smaller in overall
    size.

    I guess you never heard of thumbnails.

    Me
    why?, Aug 4, 2005