    partition? I would like to avoid purchase of 3rd party software, if
    possible. Thanks for any help.
    , Sep 5, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I am trying to find a quick and inexpensive way to expand the system
    > partiton on a Windows Server 2003 or SBS 2003 system. Can this be
    > done just from backup by wiping and reformatting the disk? My concern
    > is that there may be some sort of settings in the registry or O/S
    > somewhere that relate to the original partition size. Can anyone tell
    > me if this is the case? Is the above a safe way to expand the system
    > partition? I would like to avoid purchase of 3rd party software, if
    > possible. Thanks for any help.

    You're running Server 2003 and can't afford Partition Magic? As for your
    question, I'm not experienced at 2003 but it works with the versions of
    Windows I have tried to do it the way you suggest.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 5, 2007

  3. Guest

    Per Symantec's site, the system requirements for Partition Magic are
    only for non-server versions of Windows. I surely would like to know
    if there are any settings issues relative to partition size when you
    restore a system partition of any version of Windows to a larger
    partition. Thanks again to anyone with advice.
    , Sep 6, 2007
  4. Guest

    wrote:

    >Per Symantec's site, the system requirements for Partition Magic are
    >only for non-server versions of Windows. I surely would like to know
    >if there are any settings issues relative to partition size when you
    >restore a system partition of any version of Windows to a larger
    >partition. Thanks again to anyone with advice.

    I could of easily misread this...

    But backing up your MBR before changing any partition size is very
    important. MBRtool is what I use
    http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/mbrtool.htm
    --
    Shadow Play