Expanding HD On NT 4.0 - Help!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chino2, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. chino2

    chino2 Guest

    Hi-

    First of all, thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this thread, your
    assistance is definitely much appreciated.

    I am looking for suggestions to the following question/s:

    I am involved in a project which seeks to do the following:

    Take 27 Dell Optiplex machines & mirror over their existing 6 gig hd's, with
    2 gigs of that commited to an NT 4.0 OS, onto new 30 gig hard drives.

    We have decide to partition/allocate approx 8 gigs to the OS while
    maintaining the 32 fat? system, and using the balance as an ntfs system
    which contains the original 4 gigs of c: drive data.

    Is this the way to go?

    Meaning, do we need to partition at all?

    Can't5 we just mirror over the 6 gigs and then convert the whole enchilada
    to an nfts?

    Trust that we don't have much experience but we do have the job & are
    definitelty in need of help!

    Another way of viewing this question may be, what would you do?

    keeping in mind that we MUST keep the existing 4.0 nt OS, which lives on a
    2 gig partition and that the machines each were used with multiple user
    profiles.

    How can we best mirror what we have to a new 30 gig drive and have new
    programs write to c drive by default?

    Please keep in mind that we want to set these up so that they can be easily
    upgraded to windows 2000 in the future and that we are looking to avoid
    having the users specify where to write new software to .. we are concerned
    that they will simply say yes to every question .. has to be c drive by
    default .. thanks ..
    chino2, Aug 3, 2003