Expanded Memory Manager

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmVuamFtaW4gQnJvd25sb3c=?=, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. I am very lost... My questiong is how do you increase the size of your
    expanded memory. Please, someone must know
    =?Utf-8?B?QmVuamFtaW4gQnJvd25sb3c=?=, Jun 6, 2006

  2. I am going to make two assumptions here.
    1. You are using windows XP.
    2. What you mean to ask is how do you increasse the size of your virtual
    memory (also called paging file).

    Click on the start button. Go to 'My Computer' and RIGHT click. Select
    properties. You should now be looking at the System Properties dialog box.
    Select the advanced tab. Click the first settings button (the one under
    performance).

    You should now be looking at the Performance Options Dialog box. Once
    again, select the Advanced tab. At the bottom of the window now you will see
    the size of the paging file that windows has configured for you. I beleive
    it should default to 1.5x the size of your physical ram. If you want to
    change it, click the change button and plug in the size you want.

    That's how you do it. Whether you want to do it or not is another question.
    In general if you find that you need more virtual RAM...it's time to go buy
    real RAM. Virtual RAM is slow and takes up space on your hard drive that
    could be used for other stuff. It's almost never a bad idea to just increase
    the physical RAM in your computer, especially considering how cheap memory is
    these days.

    Hope this helps. -- John

    --
    John Strohecker, MCSE

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBTdHJvaGVja2Vy?=, Jun 6, 2006