    (Please remove "NOSPAM.")

    -- There are two types of computer users;
    Those that have lost data, and those who are about to.

    Michael Patten, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Michael Patten

    Guest Guest

    click on the + next to all the folders, write a long
    script that will do it for you

    automatically expand
    >all folders when she opens outlook.
    >
    >I have looked in the menu's and done a search on

    the 'net, but haven't found

    Guest, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Michael Patten

    Jtyc Guest

    > click on the + next to all the folders, write a long
    > script that will do it for you

    If you highlight the folder and then press the * key on your keypad, it will
    expand all the folders and sub-folders.

    Jtyc, Jun 10, 2004
  4. In my last position I bet I spent 50% of my time trying to solve issues like this. When I realized that it was wasting my time and that the application worked and there was no real issue, I stopped wasting my time and the companys time solving these "lazy" issues.

    If you are talking about folders they have created just expand them and close outlook. It should "remember" your settings. If you are talking about the Mail, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks folder the user is indeed wasting your time.

    Once you find a solution check back with the user in a week or so and see if they still have all the folders expanded. I bet you money that they won't be. Users love to waste IT personnels time by solving meaningless issues.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?=, Jun 12, 2004
  5. From what I have been advised both in response to my post and my contact
    within Microsoft, Outlook does not have this feature, and will remember
    which folders were expanded when closing.

    To have all expanded when entering, you need to expand all before exiting !

    --
    Regards,
    Michael Patten

    DipIT, MCSE, CLS

    Accenture Internal Technology Services
    ________________________________
    PH: +61 2 9005 5368
    E-Mail :
    (Please remove "NOSPAM.")

    Remember - There are 2 types of users;

    Michael Patten, Jun 23, 2004
  6. Michael Patten

    Helen Tasky Guest

    The purpose of folders is to hold contents..what they are asking is
    defeating the purpose of having them in the first place.

    !

    Helen Tasky, Jul 5, 2004
  7. Michael Patten

    poolman

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    expand all folders in outlook

    i found the best way todo this is to open your email,then use your mouse to drag the window all the way out over your screen. then close email, then close outlook. re-open outlook and every email will be expanded.

    poolman, Mar 19, 2008