    from the stars we come
    to the stars we return
    from now until the end of time

    Irulan, Mar 4, 2005

  2. Irulan

    Irulan Guest

    ok, I take it back. The actor is Swedish. I guess his old Swedish accent
    just crept up on Father Merrin (not Merrick) in his old age, heh.

    --

    Irulan

    Irulan, Mar 4, 2005

  3. Irulan

    Rob Guest

    "Irulan" <> wrote in message
    > hey, how come in this movie Father Merrick is British, but in The Exorcist
    > he has suddenly turned Swedish?
    >
    > --

    And how come John Constantine is an American?

    Rob
    Canada

    Rob, Mar 4, 2005
  4. Irulan

    docdude316 Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > "Irulan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>hey, how come in this movie Father Merrick is British, but in The Exorcist
    >>he has suddenly turned Swedish?
    >>
    >>--

    > And how come John Constantine is an American?
    >
    > Rob
    > Canada

    Because Keanu Reeves can't do a convincing British accent.

    docdude316, Mar 5, 2005
  5. "Irulan" <> wrote in message
    > ok, I take it back. The actor is Swedish. I guess his old Swedish accent
    > just crept up on Father Merrin (not Merrick) in his old age, heh.

    Max VonSydow was only 43 or so when the film was made. The old age make-up
    and his performance are very impressive.

    Incremental Jones, Mar 5, 2005
  6. Irulan

    Rob Guest

    "docdude316" <> wrote in message
    > Rob wrote:
    > > "Irulan" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>hey, how come in this movie Father Merrick is British, but in The

    Exorcist
    > >>he has suddenly turned Swedish?
    > >>
    > >>--

    > > And how come John Constantine is an American?
    > >
    > > Rob
    > > Canada
    > >

    > Because Keanu Reeves can't do a convincing British accent.

    But he does a great piece of wood!

    Rob, Mar 5, 2005
  7. Irulan

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    >> And how come John Constantine is an American?
    >>

    > Because Keanu Reeves can't do a convincing British accent.

    His American accent isn't particularly convincing either.

    Joshua Zyber, Mar 5, 2005
  8. Irulan

    unclejr Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > > Because Keanu Reeves can't do a convincing British accent.

    > His American accent isn't particularly convincing either.

    Josh,

    One title for you: Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

    His American accent for this film was spot on. <grin>

    -Junior

    unclejr, Mar 5, 2005
  9. Irulan

    Frank Sereno Guest

    Joshua Zyber wrote:
    > "docdude316" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>>And how come John Constantine is an American?
    >>>

    >>Because Keanu Reeves can't do a convincing British accent.

    > His American accent isn't particularly convincing either.

    And that's one helluva a stretch for a Canadian from Toronto, eh?

    Frank Sereno, Mar 5, 2005